Whoa… now what?

• rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

With the rain, the dirty water, and it being August… what are thoughts as to what the Bass might do? Guess they won’t be seeking out current, eh?

Willeye
    La Crosse, WI

If this keeps up, I think I’ll be able to catch fish in my yard very soon.

Bret Clark’s driveway fishing doesn’t seem so funny now!

CR

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Makes you wonder if its really August or April??? It stinks.
    Thanks, Bill

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

When the water turns to turbulant, muddy madness, I’ve only done well finding areas that clear up a little……… which may take a while. July/August on the Yellow River……. right after a storm shakes everything up and muddies up the current, slacks aren’t as “filthy” as current driven torrents. Find the breaks or clearer, stiller waters, and you should be able to start relocating your bite.

The water is also cooling thanks to the last week so fish are becoming more active again………. in areas that the water’s been very warm, like 80 or so.

It’s worked on the Yellow so I’m not sure that it wouldn’t work elsewhere.

Good luck!

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

i don’t know what to think right now. i’m thinking either fishing is going to be insanely good or it’s going to SUCK. i’ll go on a limb and say there’s some clean(er) water out there somewhere ….

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

The East Channel bay under the I-90 bridge looked clean earlier today. There were fish hitting the surface in there also.

Parts of the Lake should be good too. The weedy parts.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.