Awesome Morning

• hgeren
    NE Minneapolis

I dont post too many reports on here, mostly since I havent been out much the last couple years, but since I work from a home office and can up and go fishing anytime I’ve decided to redidicate some more time to getting out on the river.

Anyways I bought a new Quantum Accurist PT and St Croix 6’6″ rod this weekend and decided to give it a spin this morning at a spot I havent been to in a while just north of the cities. Got there about 5AM and it was non stop action until about 730 or so. I lost count how many smallies I caught, but it seemed like every 3rd or 4th cast produced something. Nothing huge, most in the 12-16″ range and one 18″ eye. They seemed to hit everything I put in the water. Caught most fish on YUM 4″ tubes, couple on a rapala husky jerk, and a few more on a mepps. Also very impressed with the new rod and reel. Didnt know much about the reel before I bought it (spontaneous purchase) but it seems like its going to be a pretty solid setup.

Good day on the water all around.

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Did you put in at Boom Island, 694, above the CR dam, or were you fishing from shore?

big_g
    Isle, MN

I want your job… Sounds like an excellant morning !!!

big g

hgeren
    NE Minneapolis

Dan,
    pm sent

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.