jackplate: am I kidding myself?

• willie boy
    Cornhusker Central ... HELP!

thinking about adding a jackplate to my little aluminum stumpjumper…reason is that I am looking to decrease my ‘real’ draft and access skinnier water…the jack plate would be hydraulic/electric/remote operated (not manual)…

Not doing this so much so I can run faster in skinnier water, just want to go about 5mph or so much more efficiently.

So, how stupid of an idea is this? Let the stoning begin…

riverfan
    MN

What kind of boat, motor, prop weight, etc?

John

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I was thinking about doing the same thing with my jon boat. Got a 16′ with a 25hp 4 stroke on it. Thinking a jake plate would be good for getting the motor a little higher out of the water.

willie boy
    Cornhusker Central ... HELP!

Sorry, thought I posted a response earlier…

Boat: 16 foot Ranger Cherokee 106
    outboard: 40 hp force
    prop: 4x10x13 (composite-that’s a topic for another thread)

With this set up and fully loaded (fuel,tackle and one big fat driver) I can get to just shy of 30mph (29.7 GPS on T-Rock, slight ripple, July 28 about 80°F and 70-80% relative Humidity)…

It’s not about the top end…it’s about tring to make going places easier…would/will that additional 5″ of outboard height really make that much difference?

aabfeh
    QCA

If I’m not mistaken, Bob’s machine makes a jackplate in both manual and hydraulic versions just for the application you’re looking for.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.