Pool 8 Ice Out Bass

• cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Finally I was able to stick some bass today on pool 8. I didn’t catch any hogs, but I was able to catch several bass, with 3 keepers in the 14-15″ mark. Instead of using the normal finesse techniques, these fish wanted a hard jerked jerkbait and they were just eating it up. A lot of fish were in a foul mood and wouldn’t touch anything, but that irratically jerked x rap or a different jerkbait would trigger a few into some killer strikes. I caught between 8 and 10 bass most in the 12″ range and like I said, 3 keepers. I had a miss hap at shore which would have put me at 4 keepers I think. I didn’t get a good look at that one, but I bet it was 14″. I’m extremely happy that I have caught some fish finally. It’s been a long winter, and I’m also pumped that I’ve done it on March 26th!

Pics to follow

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

here is a 12″er. The top was a 15″er

By the way, it was great talking w/ you natureboy. Shoot me a pm

justin_panno
    La Crosse, WI

man that was fun even though i didn’t catch any. I missed so many and had so many on that I lost, i am still temporarily rusty but i will be better and not be such an to people when i don’t catch any.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Caught this turtle on my jerkbait!! the following cast was the fish below, and My first bass in open water of 2007!!!

justin_panno
    La Crosse, WI

I forgot that you told me about the turtle, and it is funny that you have a pic, so how did he fight??, lol

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

felt like a good fish on the set. But then he came skipping across the water I felt bad for the poor guy. I also was afraid of the 1/4″ needle sharp claws the thing had!

southwind

Cade, Is that a Hughes Custom paintjob on that jerkbait?

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

NOt sure what that is Got the jerkbait at Gander mountain. They are called a challanger minnow. I had another one in gold as well as this one. THey are 4.99. Too bad both sit on seperate logs on 2 different places on pool 8 already thank the lord for the back up X-rap.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.