Pool 10 coughs up a whale..

• kNelson

This weekend in the Team Supreme, my partner brought in a Jaws huge largie on lower pool 10. His rapala digital scale weighed it at 5 lbs, 12 oz. Unfortunately, the fish died after we pulled out and weighed in so we didnt get to weigh it for big bass. we got some pics i think, i’ll try and get them up because it was jaw dropping to see. we freaked out for about 5 minutes after we caught it. ended up with like 15.22 after the 1 pound penalty, 16.22 is pretty good for pool 10 but still doesnt make the big one croaking feel any better.

adloos
    Winona, MN

Thats whats so tough about summertime tournaments. Those bigger largemouth just cant take the stress in the livewell and the warm water. Smallies seem to hold up better in the livewell during these summer months.

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

if it died are you guys having it mounted?I think that would be kind of a special mount!

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

In tournaments, once you give your bag to the weighmaster, you no longer have any control of those fish, they are property of that organization. Sometimes I think there are special cases, I don’t know what happened in this case.

kNelson

i talked to my partner about it last night, he said he wishes he woulda requested to get the fish to mount but that really wasn’t on our minds on sunday. we were both just so sick to our stomach about it and ticked off that we just wanted to get away from it. lucky i didnt have my light in, i only went ike on a gatorade bottle. it was tough. my partner wishes he would have at least gotten measurements for a replica, it was defintely a special fish.

SLee
    Crystal,MN

Don’t feel to bad. That is an awesome fish! Chances are good that it would have died on its own in the near future.

Look at it this way……You spared it from a long,exhausting death.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.