Weekend Series pool 4 RESULTS

• riverbassman

I checked the Bassmaster site for the weekend series results and cannot find anything. Am I blind or do they not have the results posted. Any insight is welcome!

BomberA

Around 16 lbs won. I think 11.5 cashed a check. Mostly largemeouth weighed in. 22 something won co-angler and 17.5 cashed a check

Shared weight is a crock. Make sure you go on the BASS website and vote that you don’t like it. Both of my thumbs are blistered from catching fish that did me no good.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I’m unfamiliar with that shared weight format, how does it work?

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

As long as the non-boater catches 1 keeper, they get to weigh in their limit (3 fish) and then add the weight that their boater had. So a non-boater can win by only weighing one keeper, if his boater brings in a big bag.

jhall
    Lake City, MN

Congrats to ERonningen for another top 10 finish!

Eric had 14-4 I think and got 2nd place, also winner of big bass with a 5-2.

Way to go!

riverfan
    MN

Congratulations to Eric, Arron and Joe. They all got a check.

John

bait_caster
    Spring Valley, Wis.

I thought this was a really fun tournament even though I bombed. It was fun to fish a draw tournament again, I haven’t done that in the last few years. My partner Brian Johnson from Chetek was a great guy!! The shared weight thing wasn’t good for him as he whipped me out of the back of the boat. I think BASS should eliminate that rule next year.
    Other than that Roy Bragg and his crew did a wonderful job. Wally at the Pickle Factory was great too!!

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

Eric and Joe… Great Job!

brovarney

Sounds to me like the no boaters should get together a seperate Pool…….

luv2fish
    Marion, IA

I think I’m still trying to dry out from the monsoon that went through on Sunday. For their first event up here, the tournament was run very well and hopefully they come back to the river again next year.

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

can any one tell me what methods won this contest? it seems that the fish must have turned on some on Sunday..

I was out on friday and blanked..

thanks..

BomberA

The fish I found on Wednesday were hanging out in some pretty thick stuff and I found them with a frog. When I took my boater there on Sunday they were pulled out into the edge of the weeds and just kind of roaming open water in about 3 ft. I caught mine on a little bit of everything. white Brovarney swim jig, frog, tube, and a Senko. My boater caught his on a chug bug. Some people that had smallmouth the day before said the non-stop rain and cloud cover really turned there fish off and those with largemouth got a boost in activity.

The one thing I learned, was even if you are a co-angler, if you have the chance to prefish, do it. My boater had zero spots (this was his first tournament ever) and if I wouldn’t have pre-fished it would have been a long, wet 8 hours.

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

boy we rat fished tons of stuff on Friday and bombed out..

miles of piles of stuff.. the fish were really off on that blue bird day..

I hadn’t been to that pool in almost 20 years..

I assume that a black rat was the ticket on Sunday.. but you would have thought a white rat would have had even a bump on friday.. Not a hit..

I was just up there looking around.. found out about the contest.. and wanted to know what it took..

Did you do anything in big lake? not asking where.. just trying to find out just how far off I was..

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

I only know of one money spot that was in Big lake. Most of my fish came in the slop too. There is tons of slop stuff to fish but for me there was a secret ingredient that made it better I thought.

fluker

Secret ingredient? Were you chumming again? (Remember Le Homme Dieu) LOL

Congrats man!!!

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

No, luckily I didn’t have to do that.

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

thanks guys for the help.

it puts my mind to rest that I was knocking on the door, and just couldn’t get it to open.

see you on the water.

fishnut

If I remember right Fluker, it was more like a mud line, not a chum line!!

fishnut

Oh, and congrats Eric.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.