Got some new goodies for my boat tonite

• kNelson

Last year I got my dad to upgrade my flat bottom to a 1988 17′ Hydra Sports bass boat with a 140 Suzuki so i could start fishing tournaments. It’s a nice boat for being old, my uncle has had it in his garage, maybe 100 total hours on the engine. After some shortcomings with the graph and trolling motor(hand mount, 37 lbs, didnt get er done), he made a deal that if i with help from my tournament partners, tore out about 1/2 mile of fence in some CRP he’d buy the trolling motor and graph. we went down and picked the stuff out tonite, im doing the work this weekend. it’ll be tough but worth it. I got a Minn Kota Edge 55 lb motor and Lowrance X-100 color chart that went on sale today . it’s quite an upgrade from the humminbird that showed the depth and displayed fish as green dots. Hoping to get the stuff on it this weekend, i’ve been fishing out of our lund because it’s got a four stroke and minn kota maxxum 74, but that goes up north in may to our lake house. even though my hydra sports aint the newest, biggest, fastest, or prettiest, it gets it done for tournaments around here. any tips for mounting the chart? any things that make it easier? thanks in advance for any tips..

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Sounds like a heck of a deal What kind of wire are taking down, barbed or woven? Barbed isn’t too bad, just make sure to have a pair of heavy duty leather gloves and be prepared to lose some blood I remember the days of taking old wire down and putting up new 4-5 strands of barbed wire. Nothing like sweating and losing a pint of blood

kNelson

Both barbed and woven. majority is barbed, with some woven wire in places. it’s gonna be tough plus i have to cut out some trees. I’m getting one of the John Deere 440 log skidders from my dad’s biz(Nelson Hardwoods Lumber) to grub them out so i shouldnt have too much of a problem. I’d say for a chart and trolling motor it’ll be worth that pint of blood

BBBane
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I have spent more than a few hours driving a JD 440, and
    have ripped out a few old wire fence lines…Your Dad is
    getting a deal, if the job gets done right When
    my son’s work off the money they owe me, I have to stay
    on them, to get the work done well, and to get the tools
    cleaned up and put away. You were probably raised better
    than my two sons It sounds like you have struck
    a good deal. Enjoy the new gear.

Big Bass Bane

welter
    Prairie du Chien, WI

nelson maybe we can go fishin out of your boat one of these days eh? atleast it wont break down like mine does about 3 times a year!

kNelson

Maybe when this fever breaks..having a temp of 102 bites…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.