Upper Miss

• hgeren
    NE Minneapolis

Long time lurker but few posts, anyways I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction for some good bass/walleye shorefishing spots north of the cities, probably south of St Cloud. Just looking mainly for good places to anchor my truck and take off up the shore or wading from there. Not looking to get into anyones secret honey holes, i just dont get up that way very often. I’m without a boat at the moment and I’ve been fishing pool 2 (hidden falls and minnehaha area) from shore since i moved to minneapolis but man there are some seriously f’ed up people running around the woods down there. Even if I go down at 4 in the morning i run into some crazy asses. Unfortunately my man eating dogs (i got them to deal with the crazy asses) I can take with are only 4 months old and everyone is still a potential playmate to them for a few more months. Any direction is greatly appreciated.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Huck,

Right in town of Monticello is some very good quality smallmouth bass fishing to be had by waders. The Montisippi Park is just south of town on the west side of the river.

Right off HWY 10 in Elk River (just north of 101) is some good shore fishing areas as well.

Also, right below the 10st bridge spill way in St. CLoud is a good area as well. This area gives up lots of smallies and walleyes this time of year.

Good luck to you!

hgeren
    NE Minneapolis

Thanks for the info Steve. I really appreciate it as well as all the other inormation you provide on this site.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.