Garlic scent

• birdman
    Lancaster, WI

Does anyone use alot of Garlic scented soft plastics and what has been your experience using them?

This past weekend I spent alot of time pitching and flipping worms and tubes. I made it a point to use all those “ugly plastics” that are usually buried at the bottom of my tackle bag. Everything I used managed to catch a few fish except the package that had a very strong Garlic scent to it. I probaly fished that bait more than the others just to try to catch one fish on it but no luck. Seemed like it was more of a fish repellant than a fish attractant.

jig_n_pig
    Balsam Lake Wisc.

Actually that is one of the reasons Lake Fork Tackle works so good. The Garlic scent has been around for a long time and in most cases helps, for bass. Bang attranctant in Garlic has been a big seller and Dip It Dye can be purchased with garlic also. However, that being said, I go to Arizona in the winter and I cannot find anything with garlic scent in the stores around Mesa and Phoenix.
    I for one use it and like it, but not for every bait and not all the time.

DrewH
    s/w WI.

Hey Birdman. I used a worm with garlic and they really hammered it. I have to use one without garlic to get some idea how important the garlic is.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

i like the garlic scent also but do very very well with the berkely chigger craw powerbaits

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

Starting to sound like I shouldn’t have thrown them away after this weekends fishing. Agreed on the chigger craws, they’ve been very good for me.

Joef421
    SW Wisconsin

I use to fish lots of chompers spider grubs and such, i caught lots of fish on them….maybe just an off day?

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

i have a friend that so thoroughly believes in chompers that it’s the only soft plastic that he throws. he catches a ton of bass with them. my go to is the chigger craw. ISG makes an awesome garlic tube that i like also.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.