baits made of Pork Rind

• Skinny

Hi Guys,

Pretty new here. I remember a couple years back there was a bait sold by Mills Fleet that was made of Pork rind or pork skin. There was a minnow, leech, and worm style. Does anyone know what happened to them? Think they were made in Wisconsin. i heard a small company started making panfish baits out of beaver tail. Are these companies related? Does anyone know if they still sell local or under a different name? Any info is appreciated.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Uncle Josh quit making , some if not all of them. Quality of hog hides was the reason from what i gathered . Bought some before they stopped manufacture , might be some left out there at various suppliers

navtiller
    chippewa falls

The two companies are not related. Gullickson Bait makes the panfish Beaver Tail. They are located in NW Wisconsin near Chippewa Falls. They are available at several location but I have seen them at Scheels in Eau Claire. Uncle Josh is out of business and were located in Ft. Atkinson, WI.

milemark_714

Uncle Josh made the pork meat baits,the crawlers did work well.
    Uncle Josh is under the Acme tackle umbrella,and still have some preserved baits.

BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

Those Uncle Josh/Acme pork minnows were incredibly durable. On one trip to Canada I caught about 50 walleyes and northerns and the same pork minnow worked all day. Wish I could find another package/jar of them.

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

They stopped making then a few years back good luck finding any.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.