Auger In Cold weather

• chappy
    Hastings, MN

When trying to start auger when it been in the cold, it won’t start, but if it’s kept warm it starts right up with no choke. Any suggestions? I’m thinking spark plug. Oh yeah… take the spark plug out and spray alittle starting fluid in it, it’ll start in the cold…

keppenhiemer
    (507) MN

I fixed mine by waiting till spring and selling it at a garage sale and using that money for an electric auger. If you already have a decent drill the new drill mounted units are very nice and relatively inexpensive and light weight

milemark_714

Try spark plug or maybe losing compression?

Hunter Seefeldt

Mine did the same thing it felt like it was lock up but I took the spark plug out and pull it it and that freed it

eyeguy507
    SE MN

my old strikelite was cold blooded like that. to start it cold, i put the choke on and pushed the throttle down while pulling. it shouldn’t be started like that but it worked every time. i finally went to a drill this year since those gas ones are starting to disappear like the dinosaurs

Adam Steffes

I would pump the throttle a few times before you pull it to get some fuel moving.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Carb rebuild is needed. And if it has adjustable jets the low needs to be turned out 1/4 turn.

Alex Fox

When I owned a gas auger I used to bring it in the house the night before I was going to use it. Stupid, but it helps.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Carb rebuild is needed. And if it has adjustable jets the low needs to be turned out 1/4 turn.

Ding ding ding.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.