ATV Trailer

• red89
    Hudson

How many of you pull your ATV to the lake on a trailer and then hook that trailer up to your ATV and haul your shacks/gear out on the ice with it? I normally wouldn’t consider it because I rarely take the atv on the ice, but we have a shack at mille lacs now and seems like a good idea since the shack is located across the road from the resort.
    I assume you would want to use a fairly small/light trailer. I have a 500cc 4-wheeler currently. Any info, ideas, or suggestions on what type of trailer?

castle-rock-clown

My ATV hauls this trailer that I transport it in. A Yamaha Griz 550 4×4

Attachments:
    1. 770C5F56-A2A9-45E5-BE8C-805230459688.jpeg

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Look at the Triton GU8, small, lightweight, and has wide, low-profile tires to spread the load.

Attachments:
    1. 6000000006.jpg

404 ERROR
    MN

I have an Aluma 7712 that I pull behind a 2WD ATV with gear on it, works just fine.

castle-rock-clown

I used to haul my ATV in either the bed of the pickup or in my small open trailer. For ice fishing I hated the salt that attacked the ATV. That’s when I began looking at enclosed and ended up with the fish house. It protects and carries the ATV and is it’s garage in the driveway it has a heater, dry kitchen, dinette and bunk beds which I use for year round camping. And it’s all aluminum so it’s very corrosion resistant. It is so nice overnighting out on the ice and being setup first thing in the morning.

guthook1
    Lake Nebagamon Wisconsin

I have an enclosed double wide Mission snowmobile/ATV trailer it has a rear ramp – can accommodate my 550 4 wheeler and my Skidoo Tundra LT or either and my Otter 2 person flip over house. Also works for great off season storage of above.
    bestfishes – jim

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I know Dave Genz said in his video that the tire to ski conversion for trailer was a custom job done for him. Does anyone know of a commercially available kit? I have the same Triton trailer HRG posted above.

Also, sweet set up you have there Castle Rock !

-J.

castle-rock-clown

Also, sweet set up you have there Castle Rock !

-J.
    [/quote]

I bought it 3 years ago and it was an expensive purchase, but I have no regrets and have found ways of using it that make it one of the best investments for enjoying the outdoors I’ve made.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Look at the Triton GU8, small, lightweight, and has wide, low-profile tires to spread the load.
    I like this trailer. Could you run it down the freeway 70-75mph on those tires and rim size?

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Could you run it down the freeway 70-75mph on those tires and rim size?

I have this trailer. 75mph is no problem.

-J.

404 ERROR
    MN

I like this trailer. Could you run it down the freeway 70-75mph on those tires and rim size?

They look to be 13″ or bigger tires, so I would agree with Jon, no problem. Heck, I’ll take my Floe Snowmobile trailer with 10″ tires down the freeway. Never an issue, it’s been out west 5 or 6 times.

NateR
    St Louis Park, MN

I use an aluminum big max trailer from Fleet farm. Decent price for an aluminum trailer and hauls easy.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Hot Runr Guy wrote:</div>

The GU8 (which is not in Triton’s 2017 online catalog) uses 18.5 x 8 lrC tires, the longer GU10 can be ordered with 20.5 x 10’s. Both of these are common sizes under snowmobile trailers.

HRG

Attachments:
    1. gu8-gu10-tires.jpg

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.