Atv gloves

• crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Just starting to get my new to me quad out on the ice. Wow what a difference maker! No more hauling by hand for me! Today I was cruising around exploring some new area and my thumb was freezing. Was wearing some very nice 2 layer gloves that retail for $80 (paid $15 in the bargain cave). What gloves do u guys use to keep your hands warm while riding?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

what no handwarmers on that machine!!! devil rotflol

seriously i just use the ski type gloves…if i feel i need it i throw those hand warmers thingys in my gloves!!!!!

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

what no handwarmers on that machine!!! devil rotflol

seriously i just use the ski type gloves…if i feel i need it i throw those hand warmers thingys in my gloves!!!!!

Idk why i didn’t think of that. Hand warmer pouches should do the trick. Thanks!

Jake
    Brainerd

I think for a little over $100 you can get a heated grip and throttle kit. or even just some plastic hand gaurds do a good job of blocking wind.

Walleyeguy34

I once got some pretty bad frostbite on my thumb from a long atv ride on the ice and was wearing what I thought were good gloves. After that point I decided to invest in hand warmers s for the thumb throttle and grips. Also installed a windshield. Hands have never been cold since then but I’ve also been a lot more careful about keeping them warm…

B-man

Get some Kolpin ATV handlebar mitts waytogo

A windshield is also a must for winter riding

munchy
    NULL

I have grip and throttle warmers as well as a full windshield with hand guards. I typically just wear the fast fit mechanics gloves unless its bitterly cold.

Red Eye

I have hand and thumb warmers on wheeler. Along with the handlebar mitts my hands never get cold. Quite the opposite actually. I don’t wear any gloves when riding across lake and hands actually get to hot. To the point once the grips warm up I have to turn them off for a while till they cool down. Will never own a wheeler without them

robby
    Quad Cities

I bought some handlebar mits a couple years ago. They helped, but nothing will do you better than grip and throttle (thumb lever) warmer.

robby
    Quad Cities

Sweet. Glad to see the helmet too!

Joel W Taylor

I use the handwarmer mitts that go on the handlebars for hunting. I have a several mile ride to my hunting spot, much of it going 30+ mph on roads. I can wear my regular bowhunting gloves under the mitts and stay warm. For Ice fishing I don’t even wear gloves.

mnfisherman18

My best gloves are the Klim Fusion’s, but they are not cheap. Liners are definitely worth a try too when its really cold.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Hand and thumb warmers. I bought mine for like 90 bucks. And they are awesome. Other wise it doesn’t matter what gloves I wear my thumb will freeze

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Beaver lined chopper mits. Like wearing a furnace on your hands

I also have the muddy water waterfowl gloves. They have a hand warmer pocket on the top. Love them

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.