Arg 2006 ram 1500

• tindall
    Minneapolis MN

Can someone tell me what the hell is hanging off my truck. That is the driver side of the rear axel.

Attachments:
    1. 20220622_162537-scaled.jpg

James Conklyn

It’s the rear axle vent tube. Should be clipped up high on the frame cross member. The white piece in the hose is a check valve.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Can someone tell me what the hell is hanging off my truck. That is the driver side of the rear axel.

It’s a tracking device. Google & Facebook like to know what you are up to.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

“Looks like the endline specs on the rotary girder…I’m an idiot” -Tommy Callahan

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

It’s the rear axle vent tube. Should be clipped up high on the frame cross member. The white piece in the hose is a check valve.

X2

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

So I see a rusted off clip – does this mean I can simply attach it again up high and call it a day?

If so, yay!

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

Yep. Zip tie it up in there. Just make sure to leave enough slack to make sure it doesn’t pull tight when the suspension unloads/ travels. Ideally it should get a more permanent fix at some point but a zip tie will do exactly what the factory fastener did.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Yes-Yay.

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

I love you guys. This is why I come here.

big_g
    Isle, MN

As long as your back there… run that spare down and up a couple times & lube the cable… you’ll be glad you did if you ever need it !!!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

As long as your back there… run that spare down and up a couple times & lube the cable… you’ll be glad you did if you ever need it !!!

This is a great tip for everyone. A hot day when you are already angry at a blown tire is not the best time to figure out how the whole spare tire hanger system works, or to find out things are rusted and sticky. Or worse yet that the place that added your tow hitch did so in a way that will not allow you to lower the spare tire – Don’t ask me how I know these things !!!!

Deuces

This reminds me I need to find a way to get my spare down without a key lol. No, none of the YT videos helped.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.