Archery leagues

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Just had our yearly banquet and I won a new bow of choice. Any bow in the shop. Paid off pretty good this season. I’m picturing hunting with that new hoyt rx8, but I’m torn after I just got my phase 4 33. But bow of choice is a 2k win.

My son is going to end up the real winner with one of the bows will be given to him.
    If any one lives in the area I highly suggest joining the leagues, it’s a blast to shoot for 12 weeks and keeps a guy shooting through the cold months

Attachments:
    1. 20240330_164539-scaled.jpg

MX1825

Congrats BC! That’s a sweet win. waytogo

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Thats crazy nice! Shoot every bow in the shop toast

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Thats crazy nice! Shoot every bow in the shop toast

I already have lol I was a dreamer half the league. Bought that phase 4 instead of the hoyt due to the price. But I am going to re shoot a few.
    Now I have to go through and rebuild a sight and case. That crap ain’t cheap.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Nice BC. I shot league this year through archery country, it was fun and as you said, keeps a guy shooting.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Wow, congrats. My son wants to try archery, the bow was only half the cost of the entire package so I know what you mean…and of course if 1 kid does it the other wants to also so we will be going back to get the daughter a bow as well, which I am fine with, anything to get them outside.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Wow, congrats. My son wants to try archery, the bow was only half the cost of the entire package so I know what you mean…and of course if 1 kid does it the other wants to also so we will be going back to get the daughter a bow as well, which I am fine with, anything to get them outside.

I bought the daughter (8) a mathews mission radik for Xmas this year. It was a bit more spendy then I wanted to go, but it will last her a long time. The new axcel sight I want is 600 dollars alone. So I will piece this new bow together slowly.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Well carbon bows were not in the bow of choice, after shooting the core ss, alpha x, and lift I ended up with the lift 33 in earth tone. Added a limb driven drop away and now am just debating on going with the axcel sight or I’m not sure. I’m going to think about the sight for a little while. Bow will be ready when I get back from rainy next week

Nate Northup
    Madison, WI area

You ever try shooting trad, bear? I’m stubbornly holding myself to a harvest with my longbow before I treat myself to a compound.

Also been slowly working on two selfbows over the past few years. One hackberry and the other ash. Made my 3-year old a pvc recurve last year that shoots surprisingly well, too. Had some busted cedar shafts that I cut down and retipped and now he has a blast coming to 3D shoots with us. Good times.

B-man

Full Draw is the bomb, the owner is awesome and loves helping kids waytogo

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

You ever try shooting trad, bear? I’m stubbornly holding myself to a harvest with my longbow before I treat myself to a compound.

Also been slowly working on two selfbows over the past few years. One hackberry and the other ash. Made my 3-year old a pvc recurve last year that shoots surprisingly well, too. Had some busted cedar shafts that I cut down and retipped and now he has a blast coming to 3D shoots with us. Good times.

I shot a old bear traditional bear for all my youth to early 20s. Then bought a compound.
    I would really like to find a old bear again one of these days just to play with.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Full Draw is the bomb, the owner is awesome and loves helping kids waytogo

Willy and Jason are both awesome. Willy is as easy to get along with and loves helping kids. Luke is my go to bow tech.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Got the new bow all rigged up last night. Now to get some shots put through it.

Attachments:
    1. 20240408_202941-scaled.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.