AR Livescope Glasses

• Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

At the first Bassmaster Elite Series tournament this year there was a bit of a buzz about AR/VR glasses because one of the competitors mentioned he had used them, but not in a tournament. The fact that he and no other competitors used them right out of the gate told me it probably would not work well. This video has me rethinking that thought. Maybe it is a workable idea for bass tournament fishing after all. Maybe Bassheads aren’t on the cutting edge of what is out there like I thought they would be. This video by Jay Siemens is groundbreaking. Great info and insights.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Dumb as it gets

Bass Pundit

Did you watch the video? What is so dumb? Both of the guys in the video were quite impressed. When I ice fish it is me staring at a screen the whole time I am fishing whether it be the Vex or underwater camera. I’m not willing to make the sacrifices to afford this technology, but I know it would be cool to have.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I think it’s dumb as hell. Kind of a stupid move being for the future of the sport, future of our kids and how I envision fishing. I couldn’t care less how the pros feel or Jay, even though I love his videos.
    What is so dumb ? I don’t know, virtual glasses is what this thread is about.

tim hurley

Connecting with nature used to be a big part of this sport, birds, deer, clouds-it should be more than pixels on a screen. I use my electronics to find fish then when I take my eyes off the screen that is when the fun begins.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

Let’s raise a generation that thinks you need $10k with of technology to go fishing.

Connecting with nature used to be a big part of this sport, birds, deer, clouds-it should be more than pixels on a screen. I use my electronics to find fish then when I take my eyes off the screen that is when the fun begins.

X2

Hoyt4
    NULL

x3 I had to turn it off after just a few minutes.

Bass Pundit

Let’s raise a generation that thinks you need $10k with of technology to go fishing.

Why would a kid get that impression? Don’t they have the common sense to know you participate in the sport at the level they can afford? If a kid has the inclination, they will find a way to participate no matter their budget.

CaptainMusky

I think this is an interesting idea, but I will not ever use it I am quite sure.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

Why would a kid get that impression? Don’t they have the common sense to know you participate in the sport at the level they can afford? If a kid has the inclination, they will find a way to participate no matter their budget.

Why wouldn’t they? Kids don’t have the greatest reputation for having common sense. It’s all about keeping up with the Jone’s now days.
    If all the big online, and tournament names in the industry advertise and advocate for it they will do it.

JoeMX1825
    MN

techies gonna tech, that’s all this is, honestly i’m surprised it took Jay and others this long to figure it out…

There’s no going back with Live sonar…my only issue with it is with people who abuse it and limit out every time they are on the water…

Dan Baker

I thought it was interesting. The application from it, that I am most interested in seeing come to reality is a wireless boat network. If we could network the transudcers and head units with some form of wifi or bluetooth, it would simplify boat rigging and significantly increase customization and decrease cost.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

The application from it, that I am most interested in seeing come to reality is a wireless boat network. If we could network the transudcers and head units with some form of wifi or bluetooth, it would simplify boat rigging and significantly increase customization and decrease cost.

This would be a game changer for sure. Do I see myself wearing goggles while fishing umm no.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I like how he talked about not moving the Live Scope from the one hole, moving around a 140ft circle around the Transducer and the Livescope some day following your head movement, kind of like the military helicopter helmets and the side guns.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Garmin already has the live imaging target follow/tracking patent filed…isn’t wireless boat networking already a thing now? you just can’t pass live sonar data through it yet…

give it 3-5 years and AR glasses will look like a simple pair of Oakleys, only battery size/capacity is holding the tech back right now…

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I think its cool but not something that I would use. Give him a white rod and he’d look like a blind man fishing!! whistling

Do AR glasses/goggles make your eyes crossed like Optigrabs??

beardly
    Hastings, Mn

X4 or whatever we are at. I typically like Jay’s stuff but couldn’t watch the whole thing. Tech isn’t going anywhere in the fishing world but man…

Reef W

Needs some better graphics and something to pull on your line and you can just stay home:

Gitchi Gummi

I wish this was an April fools post. I hate how much electronics are becoming what the sport is about for so many people. Whatever floats your boat, I just worry about the future of fishing.

Gregg Gunter

Garmin already has the live imaging target follow/tracking patent filed…isn’t wireless boat networking already a thing now? you just can’t pass live sonar data through it yet…

Yes ^, I would like to see sonar on my phone along with mapping and Ipilot.

queenswake
    NULL

Not unexpected, but I already hate how much time I spend staring at the graph as it is. Sad that we can’t escape the screens even on the water. Makes me want to go back to basics with a 16 foot rowboat and just get back to fishing.

3Rivers

I told ya it was coming, can’t put that toothpaste back in the tube:

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

I wish this was an April fools post. I hate how much electronics are becoming what the sport is about for so many people. Whatever floats your boat, I just worry about the future of fishing.

Not unexpected, but I already hate how much time I spend staring at the graph as it is. Sad that we can’t escape the screens even on the water. Makes me want to go back to basics with a 16 foot rowboat and just get back to fishing.

Dumb as it gets

Agreed! ×5-10
    I understand the tech world and how much every new thing is a “game changer” but dang, the simpler world of a red n white bobber is just getting pushed over a cliff. I think we were better of with less technology. My 2 cents. To each their own, but where is the limit? How long before our electric cars go put the i-boat in the lake themselves as we sit at home with a beer controlling everything with our thoughts while sitting on a couch.

OG Net_Man

I like how he talked about not moving the Live Scope from the one hole, moving around a 140ft circle around the Transducer and the Livescope some day following your head movement, kind of like the military helicopter helmets and the side guns.

While we wait for that it would not take too much to make a remote control motorized panner to rotate the transducer pole while you roam.

Ripjiggen

You can say tech is changing everything in fishing, but it’s a human choice if you want to go down that road or not. New tech is not stopping, in everything in life. It’s a human choice if they want to embrace it or use it.
    You can all use a flip phone if you would like, but guessing most are using an I phone that has been introduced in last 5 years.
    You can make your own sleeper house or buy a new wheel house. Fish out of a row boat or use a new four stroke 250.
    Use a gas auger or use your cordless drill from home.
    Do home projects with corded drills and saws or use lithium powered tools.
    You can always buy a kayak and fish non motor lakes if you want. Your choice.

Hate it all you want but it’s not stopping so embrace it or reject it. Your choice to stare at a bobber or a screen.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bigcrappie wrote:</div>

While we wait for that it would not take too much to make a remote control motorized panner to rotate the transducer pole while you roam.

That already exist. Remote panners have been around several years now for ffs.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Regardless of what side of the isle your on regarding technology, I believe the reason fishing in general has been gaining in popularity is technology. Technology is going to keep the younger generations interested. Is it good for the fisheries? Time will tell but as long as we have interest and money going back into the sport, it can’t be all bad. Conservation, regulations and common sense practices can keep healthy fisheries, regardless of technology.

OG Net_Man

Ripjiggen – That already exist. Remote panners have been around several years now for ffs.

Can you point me in the right direction of one to be used for ice fishing?

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

You can say tech is changing everything in fishing, but it’s a human choice if you want to go down that road or not. New tech is not stopping, in everything in life. It’s a human choice if they want to embrace it or use it.
    You can all use a flip phone if you would like, but guessing most are using an I phone that has been introduced in last 5 years.
    You can make your own sleeper house or buy a new wheel house. Fish out of a row boat or use a new four stroke 250.
    Use a gas auger or use your cordless drill from home.
    Do home projects with corded drills and saws or use lithium powered tools.
    You can always buy a kayak and fish non motor lakes if you want. Your choice.

Hate it all you want but it’s not stopping so embrace it or reject it. Your choice to stare at a bobber or a screen.

100 Percent spot on , technology goes forward not backwards . I get a kick out of the people who complain about it ,while they are using the latest and greatest tech instruments to complain about how tech is ruining the sport ?? I wonder how many fisherman were saying the same thing in 1957 when Carl Lowrance invented the Fish Lo-Ka-Tor ? LOL

Ripjiggen

Ripjiggen – That already exist. Remote panners have been around several years now for ffs.

Can you point me in the right direction of one to be used for ice fishing?

I guess I have not seen one specifically for ice only for the boat. I don’t really see the need for one on the ice yet as you still need to be in front of the screen anyway, but they have remote camera panners that would be easy enough replicate for a pole.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.