Aqua Traction EVA flooring Thoughts

• Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Looking for your feed back / input. This flooring option is available to add at the factory for 2021 Skeeter factory as a option.
    What has been your experience or thoughts of this optional flooring ? It will be approximately a $800 + – over the std gel floor with removable snap carpet.

dbright
    Cambridge

I have a different brand Eva flooring in my boat and I wish I would of done it sooner. Much easier to clean than carpet and much nicer when bare foot.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Dean is this the 4 inch wide flooring with grooves in it?
    If it is that, it feels great and seems like it would not be slippery. My concern is dirt in the cracks and cleanup.
    I have no experience with it as I’ve only seen, touched, and stood on it in boats at boat shows.

My flooring in my Skeeter is in great shape and easy to clean.

Musky Ed

Took the carpet out of my last two Skeeters the day I got them home, and have no plans on putting it back in till the day I sell it. I like the idea of that type of flooring, but if it’s just for the center section, I think the price of $800 is a little rich. I might have paid $400-$500 as an option, but thats probably the upper limit if its just the center area.

I think it’s important to clarify the factory option offered by Skeeter is not actually AquaTraction. AquaTraction is a locally based company out of Clearwater, MN. There are alot of nuances when it comes to EVA marine flooring and until we know what brand or further specifications of what EVA flooring Skeeter has decided to use, its difficult to determine if this is a good value or if it will hold up over time.

After running AquaTraction for the last 3 years and also seeing first hand how other boat manufacturers EVA marine flooring options have held up, If your looking to go the EVA marine flooring route I would personally work with a local company who specializes in this type of product instead of adding it on from the manufacturer who’s just getting into the business of EVA marine flooring. Same reason why if you’re in the market for a Skeeter you visit the Boat Center versus a newer Skeeter dealer in town; these guys have been doing it for years and they know their product inside and out. Just my .02

Musky Ed

What is the soft flooring that Ranger uses in their 600 series, or used to use? I know that years back when I looked at a Ranger 620, it had a nice floor that I liked much more than the Skeeter. Not sure how it holds up though, as it wasn’t enough to sway me over. Doesn’t Rangers soft flooring come standard, I really can’t remember as it was in every one that I looked at. I have to say Dean, it is really nice that a dealer, and manufacture care enough to actually ask their customers thoughts about things like this.

Ryan Haller

Hey all. I’ve got a 2020 wx2060 that I’m considering going with EVA flooring. Anybody done it in that boat? I found this post about skeeter considering offering it as a +/- 800 option so what does this typically go for aftermarket? What’s the best product/dealer out there?

I’d have definitely paid $800 as an option when I got this boat.

Are folks doing the whole boat or just the main cockpit?

Any input appreciated

Mike Johnson

I just had aqua traction installed in my Warrior and will never get another boat without it. It provides excellent traction in wet conditions and a nice soft floor for fishing without shoes. I highly recommend it.

Ryan Haller

Care to share ballpark what they charged for it?

I see the only dealer is the HQ in Clearwater. Is that where you brought yours?

What was the turnaround time for install?

I’m definitely leaning towards aqua traction. Seeing it in the Yarcrafts it’s a really nice surface.

Mike Johnson

Yes I brought it to Clearwater. I had scheduled an appointment which was a month out from when I called. I brought the boat in on Monday and it was done on Wednesday. Price was $1200. I wish I had done it sooner.

Ryan Haller

Thanks for the info!! I’ll be calling them soon to get on the schedule.

rferguson
    NULL

Just got a quote for my 2060 for $1,800.00. Thought it was a little steep. Maybe next year.

Ryan Haller

Geez that is steep. Haven’t called myself yet. Was that quote for the bow and main cockpit?

rferguson
    NULL

This was for cockpit only. I was dealing with a licensed Wisconsin dealer. I may have to try to get it to the factory in Minnesota for a quote.

Kevin Hines

Had an Aqua Traction floor installed in Clearwater by factory last year. Hated the carpet in the boat and the floor without carpet was just to dang hot. Price really depends on how fancy you want to get. We did a custom pattern and some additional cut ins in the pattern along with tapes down each side of the boat. Boat was done in 2 days and would never own another boat without it. It is not slippery, not hot and actually provides some fatigue relief like stress relief mats do.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_4586.jpg

Musky Ed

Kevin, that is really classy. Nice job.

Ryan Haller

That is awesome. I’ve decided to go that route over the off-season. Can’t part with the rig during the season so wait till ice up then get it done.

Everyone I’ve talked to said they’d never go back after getting it.

FryDog62

Yes I brought it to Clearwater. I had scheduled an appointment which was a month out from when I called. I brought the boat in on Monday and it was done on Wednesday. Price was $1200. I wish I had done it sooner.

Does price include removal of the original carpet or did you have to do that on your own?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Everyone I’ve talked to said they’d never go back after getting it.

I’ll never go back to marine carpet again. I don’t have the EVA or aqua deck flooring specifically mentioned in this thread, but I have the factory installed polymer-vinyl hard surface in my 2015 Ranger. I’ve always had carpet in boats before this current one, so when I bought this boat in 2015, I was skeptical of the hard surface. The salesman talked me into it at no extra charge (usually it’s another $500). Mine is a grayish color and it is not hot in the sun and it’s not slippery when wet. But the best feature is no maintenance. It won’t stain or rip and I simply hose it down to “clean” it.

Mike Johnson

I had snap in carpet so just the snaps had to be removed from the floor. The only issue I am having with the flooring is cleaning it. If anyone has any helpful pointers I Am all ears.

Ryan Haller

That’s the one drawback I keep hearing about the Eva is cleaning it. I’ve heard and spoke to several that say soap & water and a good scrub brush and elbow grease is what it takes. Curious tho if it gets dirty easy and is a maintenance nightmare. I’m kinda OCD with my rig.

FryDog62

Unless you walk around barefoot, I’ve heard from other guys that have it to go as dark a color as possible. Lighter stains (like bird/fish poop when it dries) are usually the type that wash off easy, darker stuff like dirt, grease, etc are the hard ones to get out but don’t show as much on something like dark charcoal with a pattern variation.

That’s the one drawback I keep hearing about the Eva is cleaning it. I’ve heard and spoke to several that say soap & water and a good scrub brush and elbow grease is what it takes. Curious tho if it gets dirty easy and is a maintenance nightmare. I’m kinda OCD with my rig.

I’ve found that Palmolive dish soap or any dish soap that has a degreaser in it works well. Pair that with warm water and a hard bristle brush and i’ve been able to get just about anything out of mine including grease as well as mayflies which are the worst to get rid of.

I’d also suggest going with a dark color. I have the charcoal and fish barefoot all the time in mine in high sun conditions without any discomfort.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.