Apple Class Action Suit/I Got A Check

• 3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I have no idea how but I was included in a class action suit against Apple that had something to do with telephones storage and slowing down Internet speeds. I really knew nothing about it the other day when a check came in the mail. It was for 17 cents. I bet the lawyers had a pretty good day off of this one. Anybody else get a check?

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

yay 17 cents, what you planning on buying??? jester

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

LOL, that’s pretty awesome. I got a class action check for $11 a few years ago because of some mismanagement of a 401(k) account. Gee, thanks.

Reef W

Biggest I’ve ever got was $47 from Hyundai overstating horsepower because horsepower is a big concern of Elantra buyers I guess.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

Now don’t spend it all in one place!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Biggest I’ve ever got was $47 from Hyundai overstating horsepower because horsepower is a big concern of Elantra buyers I guess.

LOL. I got a “settlement” from Briggs & Stratton, also for overstating horsepower.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

The stamp to get that $0.17 to you costs $0.60. roll

Yup, common sense ain’t so common anymore.

Stanley

I have gotten quite a few checks over the years from a class action lawsuit against Wells Fargo auto finance that has probably been close to $500, but their mistakes or whatever was going on cost me much more and took a long time to correct.

Brittman

The cost of litigation and settlements also impacts what we pay for things and if it doesn’t (company cannot pass along these costs) than it drags a company’s ability to make money down.

I am all for any and all companies being held accountable for the products they sell, but feeding the pie holes of pure litigation law firms is not really want is good for society. I would say cap ’em at standard industry costs, plus a small win fee … but that tends to go against my capitalistic viewpoint.

For more information … GO ASK GARY.

maddogg

I can’t figure out how those poor lawyers can make a living on small claims like this. bawling

Brittman

I have received a check for about $75 on a term life insurance settlement and a whopping $1200+ settlement (my cost of replacement) for replacement headlights on our Nissan that was 7-8 years old already. Those headlights were bad and it was sell the car or replace the headlamp assemblies…

CaptainMusky

LOL. I got a “settlement” from Briggs & Stratton, also for overstating horsepower.

So did I. Cant remember how much it was but Im sure it cost more for them to print and send that check that I received. What a waste.

CaptainMusky

The cost of litigation and settlements also impacts what we pay for things and if it doesn’t (company cannot pass along these costs) than it drags a company’s ability to make money down.

I am all for any and all companies being held accountable for the products they sell, but feeding the pie holes of pure litigation law firms is not really want is good for society. I would say cap ’em at standard industry costs, plus a small win fee … but that tends to go against my capitalistic viewpoint.

For more information … GO ASK GARY.

I agree with the overzealousness with all these lawsuits, but any company worth anything likely has insurance to cover things like this so they really arent out anything except a likely increase in insurance rates.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Nice, my 2 favorite industry, Lawyers and Insurance Companies !

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

ITS MY MONEY AND I WANT IT NOW

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Ya’ll laugh at 17 cents but thats far more than what you will see of the $17 BILLION tax surplus.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Ya’ll laugh at 17 cents but thats far more than what you will see of the $17 BILLION tax surplus.

But Dutch Walzy said he was gonna …… whistling

Joe

I got $90 from a class action suit after being endlessly harassed by Sirius after not renewing my free trial for satellite radio after buying a new pickup. Ironically, the payout options were a check (amount unknown at that time) or free satellite radio, you know the thing I didn’t want in the first place lol. Sure wasn’t life changing but bought a tank of fuel.

Gitchi Gummi

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

But Dutch Walzy said he was gonna ……

Always amazes me how some of you guys can turn any thread into political banter. Please just stop with that.

breakerbreaker
    Inactive

now dont go spending it all in one place big guy!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Amazing how some people just keep sweeping it under the rug…. coffee

Tom Bisel

Just googled the suit and the lawyers were asking for $27.5 million in fees on a $100 million lawsuit. The judge was not happy from what info I could gather.

Tom Bisel

After futher research lawyer fees of $87.5 million on a $310 million suit.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

After futher research lawyer fees of $87.5 million on a $310 million suit.

Percentage is the same either way.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

You got family you never heard knocking on your door for a piece of the pie?

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

” would you like that in big coins, or small coins?”

breakerbreaker
    Inactive

” would you like that in big coins, or small coins?”

PENNIES valuable ones

CaptainMusky

Always amazes me how some of you guys can turn any thread into political banter. Please just stop with that.

He’s not wrong though

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

and how exactly is it relevant to the topic of this thread?

Because we only reply with stuff relevant to the topics right. shock

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.