Anyone try the cheap 24 volt lithium batteries yet?

• mojogunter

FYI:Below is a chat from a week and a half ago with Amped outdoors I had pertaining to charging in cold temps.

I have a couple of 36v 60AH batteries from last year. I am headed to Green Bay today. it looks to be below freezing at night. chances are I can go 4 days without having to charge the batteries, but if on Monday night when I get done fishing. I would think it will be in the high 30’s. if I start to charge them above freezing do I need to watch the Temps as it charges and if it drops to 32f unplug the battery charger then?
    Amped Outdoors LLC

Amped Outdoors LLC
    If using our onboard charger, the batteries will charge as low as 17 degrees. You don’t want to make a habit of it, but in a pinch if you need to charge that low you can. If you don’t want to drop below 32 degrees and the batteries get an adequate charge you certainly can stop the charger early. Thanks.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

FYI:Below is a chat from a week and a half ago with Amped outdoors I had pertaining to charging in cold temps.

I have a couple of 36v 60AH batteries from last year. I am headed to Green Bay today. it looks to be below freezing at night. chances are I can go 4 days without having to charge the batteries, but if on Monday night when I get done fishing. I would think it will be in the high 30’s. if I start to charge them above freezing do I need to watch the Temps as it charges and if it drops to 32f unplug the battery charger then?
    Amped Outdoors LLC

Amped Outdoors LLC
    If using our onboard charger, the batteries will charge as low as 17 degrees. You don’t want to make a habit of it, but in a pinch if you need to charge that low you can. If you don’t want to drop below 32 degrees and the batteries get an adequate charge you certainly can stop the charger early. Thanks.

I assume the amped do not have the cold weather cut off built in ?

john23
    St. Paul, MN

The max discharge current on the LiTime TM battery is different from their heated battery. They call that out specifically in the TM description but I can’t say I know how important it is.

mojogunter

My understanding is that they do, but it is at 17F.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mojogunter wrote:</div>

Amped Outdoors LLC

Amped Outdoors LLC

I assume the amped do not have the cold weather cut off built in ?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

My understanding is that they do, but it is at 17F.

Oh yeah alright, so at 17 degrees or once that battery hits 17 degrees it will automatically stop taking charge correct.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’m taking a gamble and ordering 2 of the li time trolling series batteries for 320 a pop. I will report back on how they do. There first use will be rainy river.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The 2 12v 100ah trolling motor series li time batteries showed up today. I will get a chance to put them in and try them in a week. I will report back hoe they do and how they handle the cold on rainy river. Will have a full week on them after that trip.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.