Anybody been to Red

• Nick Schmitz

Wife and I are headed up there Thursday and Friday. Looking for any fishing reports. Are they biting or not? On what? Any info will be helpful. Thanks

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Recent ice update.

Justin riegel

I have been up here since Sunday, we rented a shack. There has basically no day bite, but the nights have been pretty busy. A bunch of small fish, but we have caught enough to have a big meal and we will be bringing a few home. Kids first time doing rattle reels so it has been fun to watch them learn.

xplorer
    Cloquet, MN

Was up Saturday noon to Monday morning with my son, stayed in a sleeper with Bearpaw out 2.5 miles on Westwinds road. Best bite was 3-7 on both glow red/pink spoons tipped and bobber lines, and 9 til whenever we pulled the rattle reel lines (plain glow pink hooks).
    Had our limit by 9:30 Saturday and threw back 8 other eyes and some smaller perch. Son released two 20” on rattle reels since we had our “overs” already. Last fish of the night was a 22” Pout at 1:27. I pulled the lines then.
    Sunday’s bite sucked. 3 small eyes right away then nothing but small perch til 4. Caught another 6 eyes and a pike til we pulled lines at 9.

Great trip with my son, this was our 14th year fishing URL together (he’s 18 and a senior this year). Sooo many great memories of our trips up there!!! With him going away to college and running indoor/outdoor track next year, I can only hope we can keep the tradition alive and make it 15 in a row!!

xplorer
    Cloquet, MN

2008 photo, URL when he was 6.

Attachments:
    1. 42D655EB-3A42-455F-8863-C2C363E4FB86.jpeg

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Are they biting hah

if you can’t catch fish on that lake, just retire!

Matt Waste

Are they biting hah

if you can’t catch fish on that lake, just retire!

🤦‍♂️ SMH

Stay away from big crowds, that is pretty much all you need to know. Pink/gold spoons jigging and deadsticks or tip ups. I can’t be more serious than stay away from the crowds. You are going to feel the urge to pile up near people, if you can find yourself 1/8-1/4 mile from people any little inside turn on break during the day in 12-14, and 9-11 fow sunrise and sunset. Good luck

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.