Any Trolling tips?

• tim hurley

Might go troll up on Superior next week any tips? Do guys keep the rod in the holder or does it sometimes work better to slowly bring your rod forward an then slide back (to vary the speed to trigger stuff) like walleye guys do.
    Thanks

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

That can work well to trigger bites sometimes.
    Make sure you are aware of the USCG requirements for boats on Superior.
    Google search.

Matt L
    Twin Cities

Depends on what you’re after, but if after coho around Duluth, orange jointed scatter raps have been the ticket. 3 Colors of lead core has been best, but flat lining mono has also taking plenty of fish. Don’t be afraid to slow down to 1.6MPH if you are marking fish but they are not eating. This was our trick a week ago. Good Luck!

tim hurley

Wow great tips Matt-BTW how long does the shallow pattern hold up? Might not be able to go till the 10th
    Thanks

Benny

I doubt the pattern will change much if any in the next couple weeks. In my experience, the coho bite is always shallow or relatively shallow. Now where they go on the lake as things go into summer is a different story.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Were going up next weekend. Any tips on where to start? Never been up the for Coho. Time of day?spoons?

tim hurley

I have no idea I was going to tag along-but it fell through-I have heard it is not too complicated this time of year.

Clarence Chapman

“Shallow Bite?” What is considered shallow? to me 8 -10 FOW is shallow.
    thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.