Any recommendations for an ice fishing chair inside hub house?

• to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

I recently bought a hub style house and need a couple chairs. I’ve got a bad back, so I’ve never been able to ice fish out of the camp style chairs that lean back so much. Anyone have any recommendations?

fishmantim

Ive always used a 5 gallon pail with a foam top in my hub, them bag chairs are no good for me..

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I use regular plastic one piece lawn/deck chair. The stackable model with armrests. Two chairs take up the same space as one for packing/loading in truck.

-J.

Alagnak Pete
    Lakeville

I can’t sit in the bag ones either. I’ve been using this style (not this exact one) for the ice house, camping, ground blind, and watching the kids games for a few years now. They hold up well, light (if you get the aluminum ones), side table is nice, and you sit up straight and not recline so it’s so much easier to get out of. Great to bring with if you have a rental house for the weekend too. I’m not sure if they still have them but Costco use to have a pair of them for $50-60 but I’m sure they’ve probably went up in price. I think they said Timber Ridge on them.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I have a simple tripod camouflage folding tripod chair from FF with a back. It’s small and weighs next to nothing. I can sit in it all day and it fits with my Otter Lodge hub, auger, sonar, rod box, heater, and minnows all in a Jet Sled 1. There are probably way more comfortable chairs out there, but I need portability for most of the places I fish and don’t want to take loads of bulky gear on mile + hikes.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Kamp-Rite® Director’s Chair. Looks very similar to the picture above. Options are side table, soft cooler,… I’ve had one for years and bought another one last summer.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

The trophy hunter brand has a director chair like the ones in the pictures, but no table and for a bad back it was the best I’ve used. I say it was cause my fat arse finally broke it after much use, and just the stiches so may still fix it. I replaced it with a cabelas brand one the is good but still the trophy had more support. I was going to send a link but the website said that model is sold out, not sure if they are getting more or what.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Why don’t you just put a lay-z-boy recliner in there? Kick up your feet with ultimate comfort!

mojo

I know exactly how you feel OP, my back is in tough shape. I’ve found that the Eskimo folding chair made for ice fishing – the 3 legged one is as good as it gets for ice fishing. It is very lightweight, takes up very little space (great for inside a shack), and the backrest is situated perfectly so that I can have back support while I sit in a perfect position to fish. And they’re cheap – usually around $25.
    I have several chairs to try and be comfortable during outdoor activities, and the Eskimo is the best for ice fishing. I have a Coleman “directors chair” type of chair that is exceptionally comfortable to sit back and relax in, but I can’t fish from it because the back rest requires me to be seated too far back in order to get back support, and I cannot fish in that position.

Bill Sackenreuter
    Devils Lake ND

I have to agree on the sportsmans guide folding swivel,I have the same chair from Banded,and Kings River also has the same chair,they vary from 45-60$,all almost identical except camo patterns.Its the most comfortable chair I have used in the hub,mine is also quiet enough that I use it in the hunting blind,works great there too!!

Sylvanboat

Why don’t you just put a lay-z-boy recliner in there? Kick up your feet with ultimate comfort!

Check out Prospector on YouTube. He does exactly that.

trophybucs

They are a bit bulky, but gravity chairs are nice. If the fishing is slow they are really comfy to nap in! I’ve spent a few nights on the ice and slept in the chair.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.