Any reason to avoid this?

• greenheadguru
    Grand Rapids, MN

Scrolling through the ads yesterday I came across a 2012 Alumacraft Competitor 165 tiller with a yammie 70, and bow mount for 12k. I feel like this is a sweet deal…any reason to steer clear? I’ve already read some posts about the newer alumacrafts being sketchy off the line, but with a used boat I don’t know if I should worry about that? Any insight is appreciated!

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

In the time it took for you to ask for advice the boat is probably gone….the market for boats like this is hot and you need to jump on them quick.

Seems like a good deal so I would go see the boat ASAP.

I sold my 2004 Lund 1700 with 90HP Johnson 4 stroke for about this same price to give you a copmparable.

Trent W
    Chatfield, MN

I’ve owned a 2007 Alumacraft and now a 2018 Alumacraft. Never an issue with either. If you get the opportunity to get on the water with it before buying, that should help with any concerns you may have.

greenheadguru
    Grand Rapids, MN

That’s kind of what I was thinking but have never bought a boat and don’t know the market at all. I move like molasses in January when it comes to spending cash of more than $200…

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

I got my 2005 Alumacraft Tournament Pro 175 for just under 7k with a 2007 90 horse Yamaha tiller. Just to give some comparison. It came with the boat and motor. No electronics. The motor alone was worth what I paid for the boat and motor.

I was able to meet them at a local lake and from the time I spoke to the guy the first time and the time I bought the boat was less than 48 hours. Everything kind of worked perfectly to get the boat and I would buy another in a heartbeat. Great boat. Everything works as it should. Worth every penny!

For a 2012 that’s a damn good deal!

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

If it’s been taken care of, but it. Or, send ME the info and I’ll start a fight with my FV tonight about my need to upgrade to a newer Alumacraft? ????

greenheadguru
    Grand Rapids, MN

That’s exactly what I’m game planning for right now! I’m going to have to channel my inner Belichik to pull this one off…

eyeguy507
    SE MN

If you like it based on pics, call and tell them you have the cash and are coming now! You likely have others beating you to it. If something ain’t right you just back out. This works if you actually have the money and not a bank check. If you don’t move fast on a boat you like this time of year, you’ll never get to it. I’ve driven 4 plus hours on both my purchases but you have to if you see what you like. Missed out on at least 4 boats that fit the bill that were posted within hours of me calling.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

If you like it based on pics, call and tell them you have the cash and are coming now! You likely have others beating you to it. If something ain’t right you just back out. This works if you actually have the money and not a bank check. If you don’t move fast on a boat you like this time of year, you’ll never get to it. I’ve driven 4 plus hours on both my purchases but you have to if you see what you like. Missed out on at least 4 boats that fit the bill that were posted within hours of me calling.

I’ve seen boats get posted on Facebook or Craigslist and I tell someone I give this boat 2 hours tops. 2 hours later I text them about the boat and it’s always sold payment pending. So greenhead, it’s easier to ask for forgiveness than permission! Buy the woman something nice and she’ll forgive you quicker!

greenheadguru
    Grand Rapids, MN

I need more friends like you guys! Mine always tell me that in order to retain my manhood I better consult the wife…so far it’s worked but I’m lucky to have a wife that gives me the green light…typically.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

To late, boats sold…but if you want, I have the EXACT same boat but for $13k

I kid. One thing I’ve learned selling great deals on c-list is pay what their asking (unless obvious) but I can’t stand when I’m selling something 50% less then anyone else and they still try to Jew me down (can I say that?). I won’t even respond to those people.

Good luck!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.