Any Rainy Lake updates this week?

• eauclaireboys
    Eau Claire wi

I am heading to Rainy Lake tomorrow and will be there until Sunday. If anyone just got back or heard of others doing something up there in the past few days let me know if you would.

I saw a Rainy report from a week or so ago but things change fast up there in the spring.

The only news I have thus far is from 2 guides.

One said fish the rocky shores and the Mud potentially.

The other said that the May Flies just hatched and have been making the bite tough and empty the tackle box at the fish until you find them.

I will post next week when we are back for anyone going after me.

If any of you are going up the same time I’ll have beer on ice! We are camping at Saginaw Bay West.

Wayne Daul
    Green Bay, Wi

Was up there last week, fishing was spotty on US side. Most guides are fishing Canada. Early am fish 10′ and less mid morning around 18′. Shiners are working best. Lots of unders and overs. Some good pike are being caught see picture of first fish on my trip.

Attachments:
    1. image-20.jpeg

BassBuster2

Northwest wind howling last four days!31 degrees this morn!I was out yesterday and it sucked.The weather looks to be improving,i.e. Warming up,this should help a lot.The fish are still shallow for the most part and the fishing was pretty good before the cold front.I will be heading out again today .
    BB1 Falls Motel Ifalls.

Deron Eilertson
    Rainy Lake

Not sure which “guides” are talking about Mayflies, but I haven’t seen much of any bug hatches going on lately. I am sure they will be coming, but we need a lot more warm weather before we see a bunch of Mayflies. Could happen next week if it stays warm. If you are staying in Saginaw Bay you may not have to fish anywhere other than off the back of your boat while it’s parked! Should get fish there if the wind blows a little. Most walleyes have been overs in there lately and it has been getting pounded by guides (yes I have been there too) over the last week. Evenings might be best. Don’t be afraid to look shallower than normal and longline some weightless spinner rigs…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.