Any access open on pool 5?

• basseyes

Does anybody know if there are any public accesses open on pool 5, or any pools farther south? And is it even remotely, relatively safe to fish or navigate any of the southern pools in the next week in a boat?

The Alma float is open, so they are boating customers back and forth.

Tom Albrecht
    Eau Claire

The docks won’t be of much help but you can get in at Dresbach, 7th Street & Municipal Harbor in La Crosse.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I would think you could launch at Alma with the nice steep ramp, but I have not personally been there to verify. Their dock may be pulled, but that’s not really a big deal.

We caught some eater-sized fish and one 4-5#er a couple of weeks ago when out for a few hours. It wasn’t overly fast but there were some to cooperate. A lot has changed since then, but we were a good 1/2 mile from the dam and looking for bigger fish. The level was a couple of feet lower. Use extreme caution if you go out.

Stay away from the scour hole that so many anglers tend to crowd into. In my experience these are mostly tiny fish and pulling 10″ saugers from 30′ of water is just making eagle food. For some reason the anglers below the Alma dam have struggled to grasp this concept for as long as I’ve fished the area.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

You can launch at the power plant in alma, the dock is out, I always use the old landing when the water is high

basseyes

You can launch at the power plant in alma, the dock is out, I always use the old landing when the water is high

Thanks! That’s what I’ve done in the past.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.