Another round of name changes in Wisconsin

• castle-rock-clown

So in this land of individual liberty, the governments “rights” trump the individuals “rights” especially when it comes to an individuals body…yeah, that’s what this country was founded on.

Iowaboy1

If this gets me booted so be it, if it locks the thread, that works too.
    NOONE has the right to kill a developing child in the womb to cover their lack of responsibility, period, end of story, dont make the child the victim of your crime.
    Its not like contraceptives havent been invented yet.
    Yep, I get the rape and incest argument, but thats like .00000001 percent of the argument.
    AND, if in REALITY the mothers life is at stake, thats a decision that none of us can make, that is up to the individual.
    I will also add, Life begins at conception, the new DNA formed at that moment sends out a signal to the mother that it is not a foe, disease, or bacteria that will harm the host.
    This has been proven, look it up.

Umy
    South Metro

So, the same “rights” as being vaxxed?
    Abortion in the case of a rape, incest or killing mom will still be legal. Each individual state will now determine according to their population, whether or not abortion should be “legal” states will vote on it. Just like they vote for everything else. Public pressure will sway the decision. Much easier to defend this “vote” than the national circus IMO
    Abortion “right” or “wrong” I am not debating- that’s for you to decide. All I’m saying is I feel it belongs w the state and it will still be possible to get one. It was not made universally illegal per the current argument. This is an argument that will never end as it’s based on emotion and personal opinion. I’m a fool for wading into it.

castle-rock-clown

The USA preaches “human rights “ to the rest of the world. A “right” is not something that can be intruded on by “laws”. I believe a humans body and that persons decision what to do with it is an “inalienable right” that no other person can legislate. Personal liberties and freedoms are being eroded in this very nation and by us allowing that, we are nothing but Hippocrates.

castle-rock-clown

Here’s a tidbit for thought. Just north of Tomahawk,WI on the Wisconsin river there’s a large island. For decades it was known and even designated on maps as N***r Island, yes the “N” word. But has been renamed Menard Island. How is that so different from other derogatory name changes mentioned in this thread?

buschman
    Pool 2

I believe a humans body and that persons decision what to do with it is an “inalienable right” that no other person can legislate. Personal liberties and freedoms are being eroded in this very nation and by us allowing that, we are nothing but Hippocrates.

I assume you were a big supporter of the truck convoy in the US and Canada fighting for this very right on vaccine mandates?? The statement above would make me believe this without having to assume.

I have no fight in the abortion laws. I really don’t care to be honest. From what I see it gives the ability back to the people of the state with less federal government interference. I always stand on the side of personal choice. That said women still get this choice and living in Minnesota there is nothing that has changed on this topic. So not even a valid argument for residents here.

castle-rock-clown

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>castle-rock-clown wrote:</div>
    I believe a humans body and that persons decision what to do with it is an “inalienable right” that no other person can legislate. Personal liberties and freedoms are being eroded in this very nation and by us allowing that, we are nothing but Hippocrates.

I assume you were a big supporter of the truck convoy in the US and Canada fighting for this very right on vaccine mandates?? The statement above would make me believe this without having to assume.

I have no fight in the abortion laws. I really don’t care to be honest. From what I see it gives the ability back to the people of the state with less federal government interference. I always stand on the side of personal choice. That said women still get this choice and living in Minnesota there is nothing that has changed on this topic. So not even a valid argument for residents here.

My freedoms and liberties extend to me. I personally don’t believe in seatbelt laws or life preserver laws for individual adults. It should be my desision how I want to protect myself. But, I do believe in speed limits. They protect others on the roadway from drivers operating in a way that endangers others.

Now the truck convoy. If those truckers could guarantee they would not infect another person, then fine, do or don’t get vaxed. In a nutshell because nearly all humans interact with others on a daily basis I equate vaccine mandates with speed limits. I don’t view my personal freedoms and liberties as a license to screw up someone else’s life.

big_g
    Isle, MN

The USA preaches “human rights “ to the rest of the world. A “right” is not something that can be intruded on by “laws”. I believe a humans body and that persons decision what to do with it is an “inalienable right” that no other person can legislate. Personal liberties and freedoms are being eroded in this very nation and by us allowing that, we are nothing but Hippocrates.

I guess it depends on how you define a “human” Some believe it is a embryo and some believe if it hasn’t been named or met grandma yet, it’s open game to abort. My belief is, the woman has a right to her body and decisions, until she abuses her body so, to become pregnant with another “human”, then she might need some guidance on how to take care of it. Rape, incest, life threatening pregnancies are not what I picture when there are Millions of babies aborted per year… they can be handled by a doctor and the patient. As a form of birth control, I don’t like it. Do you really ? Do you have grandkids ?

ajw

I was going to attend a “my body, my choice” protest but i am not covid vaccinated so i wasnt allowed.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I was going to attend a “my body, my choice” protest but i am not covid vaccinated so i wasnt allowed.

The hypocrisy is as thick as castles

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Here’s a tidbit for thought. Just north of Tomahawk,WI on the Wisconsin river there’s a large island. For decades it was known and even designated on maps as N***r Island, yes the “N” word. But has been renamed Menard Island. How is that so different from other derogatory name changes mentioned in this thread?

That’s like comparing the F*** word to darn.

Pat K
    Empire, MN

I’ve been told a few times that to many plains tribes that squaw was the equivalent of a C word some people find more offensive than f***.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

I’ve been told a few times that to many plains tribes that squaw was the equivalent of a C word some people find more offensive than f***.

I think the c word is something that’s offensive here and not in Europe. Its weird how some words are offensive to some and not others. I’m in every which way against being derogatory to a group of people. But at the same time there has to be a happy place for all. If we go by every individuals feelings, this will never end

CaptainMusky

Now the truck convoy. If those truckers could guarantee they would not infect another person, then fine, do or don’t get vaxed.

Those vaccines are not stopping people from getting Covid period.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

C-word is the nuclear option. The mushroom cloud of words spoken to a female.
    The last resort, we aint coming back from this fight unharmed, option.
    This is well known among all of us. I’ve never heard of anyone offended by squaw outside of internet hearsay but I will admit the more I hear it in reference to a person, rather than a place, the more I dont like it but I still feel the lakes and landmark names should remain.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Now the truck convoy. If those truckers could guarantee they would not infect another person, then fine, do or don’t get vaxed.

Those vaccines are not stopping people from getting Covid period.

Vaccines are effective against Covid… people saying this in 2022… rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

buschman
    Pool 2

My opinion on the OP with the name change might be different than some.

Some native Americans are born with an inherited right on some small pieces US soil. I support this right 100%. This could included netting, bag limits, signage or names of lakes, rivers or towns. When on their inherited soil it is their right. We all have to understand this portion.

I guess my point is if Squaw Lake in Minnesota is reservation property and the name gets changed then so be it. However there has to be a line or area of limits here. A good example is lake Calhoun. This is going over the line IMO. Same with Aunt Jemima syrup getting changed and may others. They are just over the line of what some accept as offensive. We all have to agree that this caters to a minority of voices within public opinion. At what point do we listen to the silent majority again and let the cry babies deal with it.

buschman
    Pool 2

I don’t view my personal freedoms and liberties as a license to screw up someone else’s life.

Castle, for a guy bringing abortion into this topic makes me wonder.

It screams hypocrisy. If you don’t see it then its not worth the reply to explain.

Reef W

let the cry babies deal with it.

I agree that people who care deeply about what syrup or a lake is named are cry babies.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buschman wrote:</div>
    let the cry babies deal with it.

I agree that people who care deeply about what syrup or a lake is named are cry babies.

That seems a little uncalled for.

castle-rock-clown

Millions of abortions a year??? Where do you get your facts. There were 630,000 abortions last year with the vast majority early term and medically induced with medication. The sad and mostly unspoken fact is most late term abortion is due to it being discovered the fetus is compromised with birth defect, Down’s syndrome, cerebrypalsy markers and other undesirables that the mother or family don’t want to endure for the rest of their lives.

And if it’s a human inside a pregnant woman and all life is sacred and a sin to kill, why are there over a million miscarriages a year??? God is perfect and if all these pregnancies are under His purview, why are there so many miscarriages and still borns.

ajw

Millions of abortions a year??? Where do you get your facts. There were 630,000 abortions last year with the vast majority early term and medically induced with medication. The sad and mostly unspoken fact is most late term abortion is due to it being discovered the fetus is compromised with birth defect, Down’s syndrome, cerebrypalsy markers and other undesirables that the mother or family don’t want to endure for the rest of their lives.

And if it’s a human inside a pregnant woman and all life is sacred and a sin to kill, why are there over a million miscarriages a year??? God is perfect and if all these pregnancies are under His purview, why are there so many miscarriages and still borns.

Excuse me. Did you just gender assume? Instead of “mother” the preferred term is “non binary birthing person”.

castle-rock-clown

Excuse me. Did you just gender assume? Instead of “mother” the preferred term is “non binary birthing person”.

Exactly what I said, mother. I didn’t specify what gender they are.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Mother’s are women and fathers are men. Men don’t carry babies, natural girls do.
    Sorry if I hurt any feelings.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

This thread

Attachments:
    1. 2E69CD2F-3513-449B-814F-063EFF2F50E0.jpeg

castle-rock-clown

Mother’s are women and fathers are men. Men don’t carry babies, natural girls do.
    Sorry if I hurt any feelings.

OMG, you sir are going to have to apologize to all the male seahorses you’ve insulted

Attachments:
    1. 940A3552-82CC-4851-BAA9-78A726882D48.jpeg

2. CFD86D1F-075C-4046-9312-961D75BF9B53.jpeg

big_g
    Isle, MN

73 Million abortions per year… frown

Viewing 27 posts - 91 through 117 (of 117 total)

The topic ‘Another round of name changes in Wisconsin’ is closed to new replies.