Another Hulu price increase

• muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

We just got this email from Hulu

“As we continue to refine the Hulu + Live TV experience, we’re reaching out to let you know the price of your Hulu + Live TV plan will increase from $54.99/month to $64.99/month on Friday, December 18, 2020.

Hulu + Live TV continues to be the only live TV streaming service that offers an entire on-demand streaming library – including more than 70,000 TV episodes and movies, and award-winning Hulu Originals – along with more than 65 live news, sports and entertainment channels, all in one place.”

Of course no mention of Fox Sports.

Coletrain27

Well now Hulu is up to the same price as YouTube tv and still no fsn roll

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Very predictable. Hulu had to ensure a large enough audience with the undercutting of cable and other providers first. Once their base was built and their model was proven, then come the price hikes. I’m all for competition with traditional cable and satellite, but now as Hulu has grown their leverage has followed. Hopefully another up and coming company pushes in as competition in the coming years.

If it wasn’t for college football, I wouldn’t even need to own a television. We go weeks during the summer without watching anything beyond some news in the background.

MnPat1

I was just going to post this but you guys beat me to it. They dropped fsn and raised the price. Cable is starting to look like a better deal.

Jensen

Great. I haven’t received the email yet but will be looking at some options that have FSN which seems to be limited

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dang. I still have dish, and thanks to dish, I haven’t missed sports one tiny bit. Used to love hockey and baseball, but I’m now content to follow via the teams apps. I’m paying 89 per month and FW is happy, so that’s all that matters

FSN, don’t miss ya a bit

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Seems anything good just doesn’t last long anymore.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Do you need a contract with Hulu? If not call them and cancel. A mass exodus might get their attention.

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

Dutchboy there is no contract with Hulu so your right anyone can call and cancel.

Checked on the local cable company that we get internet through and the price for a cable package is $5.00 higher a month for a package that matches Hulu. That price does not include the cable boxes or DVRs which are an additional charge. Also cable companies have all these additional fees which creeps the price higher yet. Guess we will be sticking with Hulu for now.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

It’ll only be a matter of time when cable becomes the cheapest option again. Pretty soon every network will have their own service. In the long run,I predict we’ll all be wishing cable was still around, getting everything on one service…we’ll see.

JoeMX1825
    MN

This is all part of the master plan the cable companies (which either directly or indirectly own most of the streaming options) had in mind years ago when they starting buying up all of the content owners.

hnd

yeah this is pretty amazing watching these services ratchet up costs. i may be paying 15 bucks a month for netflix when i was paying 8 bucks at one point.

we got rid of dish and went to Vue and then our internet provider (that also provides cable) started capping the gigs you could use per month. We moved and eventually we began to buy family accounts of everything and share with the family. my brother and his family hardly use it, my mom and dad spend mre time on britbox than anything but also have access to our “hulu/amazon/netflix/disney” when they need it. We do it with our verizon bill already so they just tack on an auto payment to me with all the services we share.

Snap

We cut cable for netflix, then cut netflix for hulu, then cut hulu for https://www.locast.org/

It’s free! (though we do voluntarily donate $5 per month).

lrott2003
    Wisconsin

Been really been trying to avoid Satellite or dish but I may have to look into them as options now as HULU in my area has a limited channel lineup.

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

Snap,
    Thanks for the link to locast. Did not even know that existed.

With Hulu you do not get all the stations associated with a network. For example 5.2 from Minneapolis which carries the High School Sports playoffs. Of course that is a big unknown at this point if there will even be any Winter sport High School seasons this year.

$5.00 a month is a beer or so depending on the establishment. So very reasonable.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

It’ll only be a matter of time when cable becomes the cheapest option again.

It may already be there. The main reason a lot of people switched to a streaming service was because the price kept creeping up with cable/dish. Now the streaming services are creeping upwards…

I pay 75 bucks/month for the choice plus platform of Direct TV. Did I mention I get Fox Sports North and Fox Sports Wisconsin?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.