And James was wondering if there would be ice for first show.

• IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

I bet now he is just trying to figure out which pond to start with. Anybody who doesn’t have inside connections want to take a guess? Or guess what spices he will be targeting.

I’d like to see them start where they ended, working them big toothy critters.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I bet now he is just trying to figure out which pond to start with. Anybody who doesn’t have inside connections want to take a guess? Or guess what spices he will be targeting.

I’d like to see them start where they ended, working them big toothy critters.

Even right now we still don’t know where we’re going and a lot of that has to do with the forecast for Monday and Tuesday. The weatherman is calling for winds 25 – 30 mph across most of the midwest… and that’s NOT a good thing for the larger bodies of water that have just skinned over or had open water in some areas. So this means we’re likely limited to a smaller body of water for the first show. We’re tracking conditions in N. MN, SD and Central WI right now and I likely won’t make the call on our destination until tomorrow afternoon. I do know we won’t be chasing big pike as the bodies of water that I’d call trophy pike destinations tend to be big / huge bodies of water and haven’t frozen over yet. Walleye, perch, crappie and gills are all fair game at this point. I’d take a smorgasbord of “all the above” for the first show to be honest.

It is going to feel mighty good to get my feet back on frozen water again. I just wish we were looking at better conditions for the first shoot. Nothing beats fishing on 3″ – 4″ of glare ice, the sun going down, light winds, upper 20 degree temps… and aggressive walleye crashing baits!

troutbum
    St. Paul

Oregano, cumin, possibly coriander.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Medina, North Dakota farm sloughs, I can send the coordinates.

Duck hunting slough is full of Shrimp,and minnows. And to top it off it it supports a colony of cormorants.

This seems to be dead give away, that herein lies a population of untouched Perch. waytogo

Darrin meyer

Brainerd area. Gull, whitefsh, pelican still open. Smaller lakes just skimmed over thursday and friday night.

Attachments:
    1. image40.jpg

bee
    Maine

I just added the Sports Pack so I could watch your show James. Always enjoyment for me. And I may try some things you use.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.