What are the differences?

• duckguy
    New Ulm, Minnesota

I have been doing some shopping for a used boat. I am confused between a few models of alumacraft’s. The magnum? Navigator? And the tourney pro? All would be late 90’s thru mid 2000’s. Thanks!!

broadwaybob
    Janesville, WI

Alumacraft has been upgrading their models and there has been a progression toward the widebody boats sold today with beams of 96″+. As the boats got wider, the previous models became the “new” models of the lower price-point boats. The Magnum was enlarged and became the Dominator, the Tourney Pro was also upsized and has since been replaced by the Dominator, and Navigator models became the “new” Classic when they were upsized. Go to this site and you can compare specifications of any of the Alumacraft lines over the years.
    http://www.ocean-marine.com/new_vehicle_compare.asp?sid=0899563X4K2K2011J4I36I10JPMQ6175R0&veh1=4879&mfg2=333&veh2=4874&go=Go#compare
    Any of the models you have mentioned are great fishing machines. Take the opportunity to view and get into these boats and see which one meets your needs. Good luck!

grumpy
    Iowa, Clinton

I just took delivery (3.24.11) of a 2011 Alumacraft Classic 165 CS (82″ beam), 50hp Evinrude E-Tec & trailer. 55lb Minn-kota trolling motor, humminbird PiranhaMax 170 Depth finder, they could have upgraded the depth finder for what I paid, 6 seat slots, live well, tons of storage, but I’ll probably be out solo most of the time and she should serve me well!!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Sounds like a nice boat Grumpy. May have to change your name to Happy now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.