A formal apology

• Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

My father taught me first impressions are everything. And with this forum and with this community I have blown it. Many of you think of me as a real (fill in the blank)…

I am new to this forum and new to the Mille Lacs area. The last thing I ever wanted to do was make a bunch of enemies.

I felt attacked in my thread so I reacted… Not the best choice of actions.

And for that HuntingDave I am sorry. I was out of line to say what I said in my reply to your post. I hope there are no hard feelings and I hope that we can some how mend the fences.

Traderbayrookie… I am who I say I am. I am not someone you know pretending to be Kevin Collins. I am sorry my actions elicited the type of response you posted in my thread.

Walleyestudentandyfox… I am sorry that my actions remind you of someone that is less than desirable on this forum. I hope over time you’ll come to realize I mean no harm to anyone and only wish to become part of this community.

Belletaine… I am unsure for curtain what you mean by immune but if I have offended you in any way I am truly sorry.

and B-man… Your comment is what brought me to this point. I’m actually a real nice guy. When I’m not making an ass of myself on IDO… I want very much to be a part of the Mille Lacs community. I want to be a contributing member of this forum. and most of all I want to be accepted by this forum..

So with that said if my actions or comments have offended or upset anyone else than I am truly sorry and hope to one day receive your acceptance.

Kevin

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I don’t even know what you are talking about, but folks on here are passionate about fishing. We are also reasonable and forgiving. It takes a big person to admit fault, I am sure people will appreciate your words and move on.

Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

I don’t even know what you are talking about, but folks on here are passionate about fishing. We are also reasonable and forgiving. It takes a big person to admit fault, I am sure people will appreciate your words and move on.

Thanks DaveB… This is in regards to the Musky, Musky, Musky!!! post.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Takes a man to stand up and make a admission. I might suggest a slow go on how you react and what you say. It’s not that folks here are bad and looking for a fight but you are a new guy and a unknown. Let folks warm up to you and also it will give you time to figure out the people here.

Like your workplace we have jokers & we have super sensitive types. It takes time to know whose chain you can pull. grin

Enjoy your stay here.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I wasn’t offended Kevin. People have been duped a few times by a member that was kicked out a few years ago, his name is JD Winston. Now if something seems a little off his name comes up. Kind of a fool me twice thing. There’s a running joke that folks get a little cranky here this time of year, thus my comment that not even JD is immune.
    Nice apology, welcome and good luck on the pond!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I’m in the same boat as Dave but I will ring what Dutch says. No foul, no harm with me but it does take a man to offer an apology like that and I think that goes a long way in showing your true character!

Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

Thanks guys. I really do appreciate it.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

People have been duped a few times by a member that was kicked out a few years ago, his name is JD Winston. Now if something seems a little off his name comes up. Kind of a fool me twice thing.

JD wasn’t the only one, there were other’s…but JD reigns as King as far as deception. Despite his mercurial and sometimes belligerent behavior, he was a smart guy that could dupe the most astute of us.

Since he hoodwinked us, there has been suspicion ever since when it’s perceived that something seems “off”. Therefore, if a new member posts comments that seems outrageous…it can set red flags off for some of us. I myself may have chased off a new member because some of her posts seemed almost unbelievable.

The legend of JD will live forever around here.

Most of us have fun here sharing information or stories. Although there are times it can turn ugly…and I mean real ugly. The worst of which the threads get dusted and erased as well as members getting the boot.

As far as you Kevin, humbleness goes a long way and your future posts/comments will determine how well you play with others. neutral

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

As you can see, this site if fairly well self policed. Mainly because we all know how busy BK is. sleeping

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

For you hah Belletaine moon

I’m sure these folks will be better behaved after this post Kevin.

404 ERROR
    MN

Missed the whole thread, don’t musky fish so I passed on it. Just got all caught up on my Sunday reading…welcome to the forum! I’ve personally met a few of the guys you mentioned. They’re all harmless, nice people. Except Andy, he’s a little off his rocker. chased

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

As long as you’re not a Packer fan everything will be OK! waytogo

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I’ve personally met a few of the guys you mentioned. They’re all harmless, nice people. Except Andy, he’s a little off his rocker. chased

Then you haven’t really met Brian yet. He can be wayyyyyy out in left field. I stopped their camper by to visit one day and Brian was over at his boat talking to the anchor. I just drove on…..didn’t want to get in on that conversation lest someone came by that knew both of us.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Like others have said. Take a little time to get adjusted and figure out a few of the more regulars. There are a few who always seem to be a little grumpy or sensitive all the time. For the most part most here are Great and really knowledgeable. If I’m not sure how a member normally is I will click on his/her profile and lead a few of their past post or comments. You can usually get a idea of what type of a person they are rather quickly.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

The people here are passionate about fishing and when they can’t go fishing it shows. Welcome.

Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

Watch out for Andy and Brian. Got it… I just have one question….Doesn’t everyone talk to their anchor?

Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

The people here are passionate about fishing and when they can’t go fishing it shows. Welcome.

I hear you there Rodwork.. I can only tie so many walleye rigs before the wife starts asking questions. I gotta get on the water and soon.

404 ERROR
    MN

I just have one question….Doesn’t everyone talk to their anchor?

Mine always nags me to do the dishes or take my boots off before I walk inside…wait, boat anchor….nevermind…

Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

Mine always nags me to do the dishes or take my boots off before I walk inside…wait, boat anchor….nevermind…

OMG!!! LMFAO!!! rotflol

I see Truth is spoken here!!! waytogo

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

One last thing is to edit your profile to show your location. It helps us answer questions.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Any relationship to the Kevin Collins that was the first to appear on a milk jug?

Just had to ask, JD was good for using unique names that had some significance with obscure history.

Welcome back. Just don’t take things personal. I recall a few of your posts and like others, JD imediately came to mind

Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

Any relationship to the Kevin Collins that was the first to appear on a milk jug?

Yeah I got a lot of ribbing in high school when that came out. Looks like the JD thing is going to be tough to shake. Time will tell Randy… time will tell….

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Merican Eagle wrote:</div>
    I’ve personally met a few of the guys you mentioned. They’re all harmless, nice people. Except Andy, he’s a little off his rocker. chased

Then you haven’t really met Brian yet. He can be wayyyyyy out in left field. I stopped their camper by to visit one day and Brian was over at his boat talking to the anchor. I just drove on…..didn’t want to get in on that conversation lest someone came by that knew both of us.

I will be the first to admit that there are times when I can kind of be…”out there”
    but I always conveniently blame it on the beer toast

If there’s anyone who would appear to be “off his rocker”, it would have to be Brian…affectionately know as BK.

Someone that dresses up in funny costumes or outfits as some kind of Super Spam Man and then parades around in his boat campaigning for President is looking at retiring someday at the “funny farm”…

hah

Attachments:
    1. BK-for-POTUS.jpg

2. Super-Spam-man.jpg

Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

OMG. that is hilarious. Is that one of those Snuggies or whatever? I think BK and I are going to get along REAL well… LOL…

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

JD thing is going to be tough to shake.

Not really. In time true colors always show through. Just like some of the guys that just jump on IDO to pimp product or their YouTube channel. Eventually, people see whats up and those types get ignored generally fast.

Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

Can I ask what this guy did to tic everyone off so much?

Denny O
    Central IOWA

If there’s anyone who would appear to be “off his rocker”, it would have to be Brian…affectionately know as BK.

??? affectionately known as ??? Hey man speak for yourself!! rotflol

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

OMG. that is hilarious. Is that one of those Snuggies or whatever? I think BK and I are going to get along REAL well… LOL…

What happened to countrygirl? That was the last post with Winston.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Can I ask what this guy did to tic everyone off so much?

He made fake accounts with various names, then trolled. Some were funny, others not so. He also used fake accounts/names and got quite abusive towards some very , well say “elder” members on here. Not cool when your bashing Long time members that genuinely share their knowledge and time. It’s one thing to disagree, it’s another to blow up a forum with vulgar insults

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.