Chequamegon bay

• cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

Friday June 8th mother nature said no to the bay so we headed west to the Pike Chain of lakes with the Hospital Foundation group from MMC in Ashland, Spooner Health Systems in Spooner, SMDC in Superior and Grandview Hospital in Ironwood MI. We split the group into two boats and Dan, Dave and Mary Beth enjoyed fishing with Craig Putchat from Outdoor Allure. I fished with Mike Schafer and his son Tanner and they quickly showed that they could hook fish. Unfortunately I think we lost the first 7 fish we hooked. We ended up with 12 nice largemouths, a couple small smallmouths and a variety of northerns and panfish. Tanner was hot at the end of the day while fishing a swim jig on a long sandy/weedy point and tied his father on the last cast of the day. Great job guys. We really wanted to fish the bay but strong NW winds didnt allow us. We will make another date for Chequamegon. I hope to post some pics when I get them from Dan and Tanner. Thank you to the Hospital foundation members who allowed Craig and I to host their on water meeting.
    Chris Beeksma
    Get Bit Guide Service

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.