Chequamegon bay

• cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

My oh My things are going fast this spring. With such a warm spring we are in the end of May and water temps are approaching 75 deg in the sloughs of the bay. Today, I enjoyed fishing with Matt Horton and Mark Genrich from the Milwaukee area. I always look forward to fishing with these two as the laughing never ends. And I wont say a thing about the 1:30 am phone call. We found good fishing in the shallow shoreline wood with our best bite on Mister Twister Comidas and YUM Dingers. Darker colors were the ticket. Mark and Matt both had fish over twenty inches and a typical morning bite. We fished mainly in Kakagon slough as I like the stained water to fish in. Here are a couple pics from our outing.

Chris Beeksma

Get Bit Guide Service

cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

More pics of Matt and Marks Chequamegon adventure. Both excellent fishermen.
    Chris Beeksma

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

hi Chris,
    thanks for report, that first pic is a TOAD, is that a 20″er.??
    hoping to get up in a week or two,
    Jack..

cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

Hey Jack, you make your way to the bay yet? It is a very strange spring. First week of June and I believe that most of the smallies are done spawning. The post spawners are already out chasing minnows. Bring your spinnerbaits!!
    Chris Beeksma

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Chris,
    No I have not, the last couple of weeks has not been good around here. My wife mother passed away in KS about 2 wks ago, and we are heading to Wichita this fri for a 5 day trip for funneral and family time. I did try and make a quick trip up for yesterday and today, but there was just tooooo much to do for me to be gone right now for a couple of days.
    Spinnerbaits, I have lots of them. is early mid-July still a pretty good time up there. that will have to be my best shot this year.
    thanks again.
    Jack..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.