chequamegon bay passing

• brianjkuphal

on march 10th 2012 my brother myself and my father went fishing on chequamegon bay near pamida hump,saddly my dad passed away while fishing on the ice,he had suffered from grand mall seisures all his life after a bad car accident when he was in his early 20’s,this last seiure was just too much for his body to endure and he passed away on us that day.he was a great man always teachin us the tricks of the trade when it came to fishing from our childhood on up to,today.we shared many fishing trips together with him and good friends,up into ontario,northern minnesota,north dakota the u.p.lake superior,wherever the sunset would touch the water,we were sure to venture,so for a man of his calibur when he passed away fishing for the next big one i can only admire him,we will always remember him happy healthy and catchin fish……….

shefland
    Walker

My heart goes out to you, my dad has been gone for some time and he went out in the nurseing home, your dad left doing what he enjoys, god bless your family

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting you Brian…but after enjoying your posts…especially this one…I feel I know you well.

May you unite with your dad someday in paradise.

jim_hudson
    Bayfield, WI

Am sorry to hear that!!! My condolences to you and your family..

Am sure his fishing will continue on, with great hooksets each and everyday!!

superiorfishing
    Hastings,MN

So sorry for the passing of you Father–as others have said here—least he was doing something he loved to do, and with people he loved to be with while he did—you will have many happy memories of him for rest of your life and sure you will see him again—sorry for your loss

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Brian:

God Speed to you and your family on the passing of your father!!! I had heard about two calls to the ice that day and had a friend up there ice fishing that weekend. I was worried about them until they had made it home, so sorry to hear that I still knew someone involved, again my condolences, RIP father…

Mark

jmarksman
    Chequamegon Bay Apostle Islands, WI

Sorry to here your loss. I can recall it as I was not to far away. My best for you and your family.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Brian
    prayers sent, know you will keep his memory and
    legacy alive
    Jack

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.