4WD HI vs Auto vs …?

• biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Because being locked in to 4×4 all day if you don’t have auto in unnecessary as well. Until I had auto I never used 4×4 unless going off road or stuck.

I meant to clarify people with 4A.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>
    Because being locked in to 4×4 all day if you don’t have auto in unnecessary as well. Until I had auto I never used 4×4 unless going off road or stuck.

I meant to clarify people with 4A.

After having auto I always have it on when slick out. Unless the kids are telling me to drift. The 6 year old daughter loves drifting

Jake Thelen
    Medford, MN

I live in a rural area. Not the city, where all you uptight people get all bent if I don’t accelerate at what you think is a fast enough rate. I don’t impede traffic and if I come up on a slower vehicle I give space or pass them. I keep good tires on my truck and there’s no skipping or spinning.

breakerbreaker
    Inactive

AWD never got to deal with those serf things chased

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Probably not the guys on this site, but also feel too many people are over-confident with AWD or 4-auto. You still need to be able to stop.

AK Guy

I live in a rural area. Not the city, where all you uptight people get all bent if I don’t accelerate at what you think is a fast enough rate. I don’t impede traffic and if I come up on a slower vehicle I give space or pass them. I keep good tires on my truck and there’s no skipping or spinning.

Me too. I completely agree with “city drivers” who travel out of their community.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jake Thelen wrote:</div>

Me too. I completely agree with “city drivers” who travel out of their community.

Not sure what that means. I guess I live no where near the city but drive in the city for work daily. I see shitty drivers in the country and the city. More in the city but that’s due to the larger number of people, if you can do that math

Bassn Dan

2H for highway driving unless it’s really sketchy, then 4H. 4H off road BEFORE getting stuck cuts the chance of getting too stuck in 2H to be able to get yourself out – especially for vehicles that need to move slightly to engage the 4 wheel drive…

Keeping your gas tank between 1/2 to Full helps a lot with pickups for stability and traction, and is safer than putting unsecured weights in the back of a vehicle.

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

I don’t have 4×4 auto but I put it in 4×4 before getting stuck or when I get tired of the electronic traction control.

frank z

If you think there is a chance of getting stuck turn off traction control it will get you stuck!

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

It can’t be totally disabled, the button just partially disables it. The traction control does have some nice features like applying the brakes on a spinning tire which helps and I hit some drifted snow on a corner and the traction control activated the brake on the front tire and kept me from doing a 180.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.