21-21 performance

• Phil Ames

What kind of top end speed are seeing with these, with a 300hp? Is a 250hp enough motor on one of these? What kind of performance could be expected? I got to see one of these beast run on Erie recently, and I was impressed. I also got a close up of the boat at the dock. They look pretty sweet. Looks like you could easily fish 5 guys out of that boat.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Phil the size motor you run is only limited by your wallet. The 250 hp will push that boat fine. 300hp will likely get it in the low 60ish range maybe more depending on load and prop.

Just remember with a boat that size loaded with gear you will be pushing some weight. I don’t care what motor brand you run you will suck gas and lots of it. For that reason I would stay with the 250. I love to go fast but I couldn’t afford the gas to run that thing full throttle with a 300! frown

If you buy one give me a shout….I’d love to bum a ride. grin

Phil Ames

Dutchboy, watching that boat run in the waves, reminded me of my old 21 Contender. I only had a 200 HPDI on it, but it would run 45mph all day long with a good load. I like the size of the 2121, I think it would make a pretty good guide boat for up to 5 guys on Erie. The boat looks to be easily towed with a 1/2 ton pickup. The boat I looked at had the 300hp Yamaha offshore on it. The 300 would definetly have the grunt to get 5 guys going in that thing. I am guessing a 250hp would as well. I am thinking I could save some coin going with a 250hp opti over the Yamaha 300hp OS. I am hoping someone can give me some real world intel on that set up. I am suppose to go out fishing a day with the owner of the 2121. I am looking forward to that.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I would go with a Japanese 4 stroke if it was me. But it really depends on how long you would keep it. If I’m dropping nearly 70k on a boat I’m keeping it until they throw dirt on me (not at me doah ) thats why a 4 stroke. This coming from a guy who has ran both. But I always say it’s your money so get the rig you want the way you want it. toast

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.