2090 Trailering Question

• Cody Brunick
    NULL

I have a 2016 2090 with the 250 Evinrude G2. The previous owner told me to keep the power steering on while going down the road to keep the motor straight on the transom saver. Not that it’s a big issue but does anyone have any experience with a Lock and Haul, https://www.lock-n-haul.com/lnhg2.html, as a replacement to a transom saver? Would be nice to not have to worry about draining a battery. The G2’s power steering is completely self contained so the plastic steering blocks wont work. Thanks in advance!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

My motors have never tilted off to the side with a transom saver. I’d shut the power off. I’ve never heard of such a thing. But, it’s your rig, do what you think is best.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Cody,
    I have no reason to believe that wont work but no experience with it specifically. I can share that Warrior does offer one specifically for the G2 and has a good track record.

It can be ordered from a Warrior dealer, and or us. By memory approx $125.
    Let us know if we can help.

Cody Brunick
    NULL

Thanks for the quick replies, I’ll give you guys an email up at SBC Dean. Unfortunately the way the G2’s steering is set up, the plastic clip style won’t work.

Matt Steffen

I use a lock n haul on mine. I had to shorten it a bit because the motor on the g2 tiller doesn’t go up as high as a wheel boat

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.