2023 Vikings

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Honestly if Cousins comes back the same player, the defense doesn’t drop by much, and the O line plays the way they are this year, I think it’s pretty easy to think they could do some damage in the playoffs.

Every single loss has been by 7 points or less this season. And that’s rotating through 4 quarterbacks, not having JJ for 7 games, and almost leading the league in turnovers.

They have 5 losses to non-playoff teams by a combined 9 points. Imagine what this team could have done this year if they had a healthier lineup and limited the turnovers. They’d be the top seed in the NFC.

That’s how good they can be next season if Cousins and Jefferson are re-signed, they stay mostly healthy, the defense stays status quo, and the turnover situation is addressed.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Cousins might be worth 40 mil to a contending team, but not a mediocre or crap team. That shrinks his market quite a bit. I think he’s great, but he needs a good o-line and probably above average receivers. He’s not the type of player who can take a game over by himself.

Thus, I think and hope he takes a team friendly contract and the Vikings draft an eventual replacement.

Ripjiggen

JJ is under contract next year reguardless.

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

Ram’s took advantage of NYG giving the game away, some teams just know how to jump on a opportunity given to them.

Meanwhile any post season play for the vikings needs to win these last two games, AND One of these to happen
    Steelers win today vs Seattle
    Cards win next week vs Seattle
    49ers win next week vs Rams 49ers nothing to play gain

Be nice to make it and not see another 4th & 8 3-yard failed pass
    What a disaster of a season.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Steelers win today vs Seattle
    Cards win next week vs Seattle

Steelers currently up in Seattle 24-17, third quarter.

The Cards actually won at Philly today, if you can believe that! They have 4 wins this season. Two of them are against the Cowboys and Eagles, two of the better teams in the NFC.

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

Now Steelers 30-20 with under 5 minutes remainning,
    Would have been nice to see them punch one of these last two into the end zone.

edit:
    Vikings control their playoff hopes now, win two and punch that ticket.

Steelers currently up in Seattle 24-17, third quarter.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Vikings control their playoff hopes now, win two and punch that ticket.

I believe the same applies to the Packers as well.

Seattle now has to beat Arizona and have whoever wins tonight lose next week to qualify.

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

While I don’t see the Vikings or Packers making any type of deep post season run. This is great for player development, meaningful football in playoff type games with the playoffs just a couple wins away.
    It is something that grows character win or lose.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Ok, I want the Vikings to win badly tonight. Just to knock the Packers out if nothing else!!!

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

This is ugly, For all those that wanted to see Hall, there you have it.
    This is a must game rotate QBs if you must

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

He either leads them to points this series or you have to pull him.

Update: Well, 3pts is a start.

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

This is like the 1st or 2nd week of the season defense.
    They are playing very timid nonaggressive.
    Way too much soft zone as well

That with poor offense, they be in trouble

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Might have to go back to Mullens and his 400 yards/4 INTs in the second half here…

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

Not sure why any more, it’s like they have given up already.
    Again, ugly, Hall is garbage thus far

At this point it’s time to put Dobbs back in there and rotate him with Mullins and it won’t matter if this defense can’t stop anybody.

brandyman
    West central MN

The vikings defense is making the Packers offense look good.
    They deserve the boos.

Jimmy Jones

The vikings defense is making the Packers offense look good.
    They deserve the boos.

Why are they being played so soft? 5 to 10 yard coverage on a receiver? Unheard of.

Bass Pundit

The team looks like they threw in the towel after last week’s loss. It will be interesting to see if they come out with a better effort in the second half. That sucked!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

LOL its Nick Mullens time again!

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

Not once this season being blown out, imagine being trounced by the Packers on your last home game, let that sink in for the whole off-season.

Mike m

Just keep it to a 3 score deficit until the 4th quarter, Joe Barry will dial up his magic and make it a close game . After all , he made Danny DeVito and Baker Mayfeild look like future gall of famers

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Could we get a random Dobbs sighting yet tonight? That’d complete the full carousel.

Kirk is making more money sitting back watching this all unfold. They legitimately have no choice but to pay him what he wants

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

Soft D zone and nobody wants to actually tackle.
    All aspects of the team a total fail on the same day your playoff destiny was put back into your hands.

A fitting end to a disaster of the season.

Wildlifeguy

Happy New Year Vikings fans! (I promise that’s the only gloat)

Bass Pundit

The O needed to score a TD on that first drive of the 2nd half for the D to show up. They didn’t, so they didn’t.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Does Kirk ask for $50 million per after watching this?

Dan
    Southeast MN

Kirk is making more money sitting back watching this all unfold. They legitimately have no choice but to pay him what he wants

He offered to take a more team-friendly deal last offseason. That bears repeating-HE offered to take a team-friendly deal, and they declined and let him play out this year without being signed for the future. I rarely criticize drafting because I recognize it’s so difficult that even the best scouts and executives get it wrong all the time. Managing the pro roster and dealing with known commodities is different IMO and they should’ve worked to re-sign a top-10 QB when they had a chance.

I think there’s reason to be optimistic for next year if they bring Kirk back and Flores has more time with this team, so I’ve accepted a 3rd place finish in the division this year and would love that 3rd-place schedule next year.

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

No reason to gloat, we remember the Anthony Barr hit on Rogers and what the the packer season was like after that for you guys.

MX1825

No reason to gloat, we remember the Anthony Barr hit on Rogers and what the the packer season was like after that for you guys.

I never want anyone to get hurt. When Cousins went down the Vikes season went down the drain. Vikes were the only team that could challenge the Lions in the Division.
    As far as the Barr hit on AR, a whole lot of Vikes fans were happy he got hurt. Was not a good look for Vikes fans.

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

Those were NOT fans of the game, I want to see healthy team matchups.
    They may think they are vikings fans

MX1825

I hate seeing players get hurt. It is their livelihood. Do I think any of them are worth 50 million? Nope, but if they can get that much, more power to em.

Viewing 30 posts - 1,621 through 1,650 (of 1,853 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.