2023 Live From The Tree

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

December is typically the time you really focus on the food source. Typically it’s easy to figure out. This year with 0 snow and cold they are still eating anything they want anywhere they want.
    The corn field I hunt was just cut last week so the deer are piled in there every evening but the bucks don’t come out until a hour after dark. I counted 2 different groups in the field yesterday just driving by. Each group had 20 plus deer

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Soon and I went out this morning. The fog was thick. Then it rained. Had a deer blow from about 20 feet away in the dark. No clue it was there with the wet ground and fog. Definitely got us startled! rotflol

Saw a couple more while walking but it was slow.
    I was also out last Saturday and this Monday. A couple each morning but kids couldn’t get it done yet. We’ll be out tomorrow too, and a few times next week yet.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20231222_073337500_HDR-scaled.jpg

Jimmy Jones

Soon and I went out this morning. The fog was thick. Then it rained. Had a deer blow from about 20 feet away in the dark. No clue it was there with the wet ground and fog. Definitely got us startled! rotflol

Saw a couple more while walking but it was slow.
    I was also out last Saturday and this Monday. A couple each morning but kids couldn’t get it done yet. We’ll be out tomorrow too, and a few times next week yet.

I love sitting in a stand [covered] on days like this in the picture.

Pailofperch

I love sitting in a stand [covered] on days like this in the picture.

If that stand had a roof, we’d have stayed much longer. Made it to almost 11am. Sure had that feel that something should be moving. It rained pretty hard from 9-10. So, we were pretty wet.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Not in the stand, but was sitting on the deck thinking about getting the dog crap picked up when this 9 walked through the yard. He strolled over and licked all the water off my truck topper. Looked back at me and slowly walked off. He’ll be a big boy next year. Had about 19” spread and maybe 10” tines

Attachments:
    1. IMG_8608-scaled.jpeg

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Hate it when this happens

Attachments:
    1. FB_IMG_1703293587565.jpg

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

My salute goes to Jr. this year. this smart azz went nocturnal 4 days before gun deer, kept 200-300 yrds between us during bow season, stood 80ish yards from me in a extremely rare daylight appearance when I shot Granny in anterless only season, and has been walking through my yard 11pm to 4 am about 4 to 5 nights a week. I have a few non family friendly names for him!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_8607-scaled.jpeg

glenn57
    cold spring mn

rotflol rotflol looks like me meme post was fitting randy!!! doah thats a dandy!!!! peace

yea i know i had a nice buck back where i hunting………i could tell by the signs he left the next days he was taunting me!!!! chased chased

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

His dad (Senior) was shot opening day of gun season. Probably 2 years older. Identical rack-just much larger. Guessing 3-4” wider and 2-3” taller. All the tines matched shape perfectly including the forked browe tine. Happy for my neighbor. He only hunts the oldest buck in the neighborhood. I’ve taken a few he was targeting, so all is well. I had 3 opportunities on senior and blew it.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Going to sit the last day here. With the snow hopefully i can speed scout into a high confidence sit waytogo

Pailofperch

Well, 3 of the kids and I put in some serious effort the last week especially. We sat morning, evening, or both on many days. My 12 year old daughter missed 2 different does about a half hour apart on Saturday morning. doah Both times she shot just low by about 2 inches. We practiced after that hunt and it was indeed her nerves and not the crossbow. Plenty of other close calls this late fall and “winter”. Overall I think I hunted with atleast one kid, 27 or more different sits. It was my favorite deer season yet. Congrats to all who had great hunts, wether that means a harvested deer or not is up to you. waytogo

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20231222_083642764-scaled.jpg

2. IMG_20231229_154411803-scaled.jpg

3. IMG_20231231_160317703-scaled.jpg

Viewing 11 posts - 541 through 551 (of 551 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.