2023 Bass Photos

• Muskybites
    Central WI

Since no one started one yet I guess I will. Got my pb today…by over a pound. 7lbs 4oz and just under 23” with an 18” girth. In WI on a swimbait in 15’. Not the craziest fight but she tried to jump twice. I thought it may go 8 lbs when I first netted it, the girth was truly obscene.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0409-scaled.jpeg

2. IMG_0380-1-scaled.jpeg

3. IMG_0380-scaled.jpeg

4. IMG_0376-scaled.jpeg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Good lord. Tough for me to follow that even with a 5 pounder.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Great fish. Congrats!

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Very nice fish,congrats.What part of the state?

BrianF

Where is the ‘like’ button? Awesome fish. Congrats!

Muskybites
    Central WI

Sorry guys, didn’t mean to try to set the bar too high lol. Just had to brag on this one. I spend a lot of time on the water, this one was earned… If I never get a bigger one I am ok with it. The lake is in northern WI and under 120 acres.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Sorry guys, didn’t mean to try to set the bar too high lol. Just had to brag on this one. I spend a lot of time on the water, this one was earned… If I never get a bigger one I am ok with it. The lake is in northern WI and under 120 acres.

Beautiful fish. I would brag all about that fish and for a long time. That’s not a everyday mn wi large mouth. That is a special fish.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I assume that fish came on that t rig in the pic. What kind of structure, depth, or weedlines were you targeting. That is not a every day bass by any means. And damn do I want one

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

That is a beauty! Congrats

Muskybites
    Central WI

First, I appreciate all the congrats guys! For the north country it is a real rarity to get a fish of that caliber. Especially in the middle of a slow day on an artificial after waiting 3hrs for bluegill boats to get off the spot. Unless your a kid with a worm on the dock (those kinds of stories kill us hardcore fishin nuts, eh?!).
    Anyhow, I’ll give you all the deets… the bait is something I’ve been putting together for a several years now. It’s an All Terrain 1/2 oz grass jig with the skirt removed. I thread on a 4.75 rage swimmer. You have to keep the hook in the upper half of the bait or it will run on one side. And not all the jigs are molded straight enough to work. But that is the key; the bait is very unstable and produces an incredible swim action. I was working the bait up hill (inside-out) from deep to shallow into the weed line which is 12-15’ on this deep, clear lake. It’s an angle they rarely see and it gets the biggest bites. I had a leader of 20lb seaguar red label (the best flouro by far for the $) about 12’ long fg knotted to 30lb powerpro. And I always make 100’+ casts with the bait.
    And yes, I do spend a LOT of time tinkering and fishing lol.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0412-scaled.jpeg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Caught my biggest largie of the season last night. It was kind of skinny, definitely a post spawn female. 20 1/4 inches

Attachments:
    1. 7-6-23-bass.jpg

2. 7-6-23-bass-length.jpg

Umy
    South Metro

First, I appreciate all the congrats guys! For the north country it is a real rarity to get a fish of that caliber. Especially in the middle of a slow day on an artificial after waiting 3hrs for bluegill boats to get off the spot. Unless your a kid with a worm on the dock (those kinds of stories kill us hardcore fishin nuts, eh?!).
    Anyhow, I’ll give you all the deets… the bait is something I’ve been putting together for a several years now. It’s an All Terrain 1/2 oz grass jig with the skirt removed. I thread on a 4.75 rage swimmer. You have to keep the hook in the upper half of the bait or it will run on one side. And not all the jigs are molded straight enough to work. But that is the key; the bait is very unstable and produces an incredible swim action. I was working the bait up hill (inside-out) from deep to shallow into the weed line which is 12-15’ on this deep, clear lake. It’s an angle they rarely see and it gets the biggest bites. I had a leader of 20lb seaguar red label (the best flouro by far for the $) about 12’ long fg knotted to 30lb powerpro. And I always make 100’+ casts with the bait.
    And yes, I do spend a LOT of time tinkering and fishing lol.

AWESOME fish is an understatement -I was so jacked with my 5.2 lb I would probably need new underwear if I reeled in something like that!
    Put together something very similar to rig you showed and fished it this last week. Did fairly well on it too. Nothing huge like yours but they seemed to like it. When they hit it they hit it!
    Thanks for the education.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.