2023/2024 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• Ripjiggen

Pretty awesome he is playing hockey again. Yes he will get called up I’m sure. He would help the PK if he is anywhere near what he was.
    I’m just glad he is skating again.

AK Guy

It would be great if Shaw could find his way to St. Paul again and I don’t mean leading the Let’s Play Hockey chant.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Patrick Roy with Lou Lamorello, talk about your odd couple…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’m starting to get the feeling that Gus is a goalie that needs a stretch of games to get comfortable. Both seasons he’s had a rough start, and now both times back from an injury it’s taken him a few games to get the angles and his glove right. Maybe it’s normal for goalies, but I’m hoping it’s not a constant thing for him.

PS. I honestly thought Flower gave an oscar winning performance on that hit. But since it eventually took him out maybe I was wrong.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

Anyone know what Dewar’s injury is? I saw his hit. My son thinks knee.

tswoboda

Dewar’s listed as lower body. My guess is deep thigh contusion, knee strain would certainly make sense too

tswoboda

I’m starting to get the feeling that Gus is a goalie that needs a stretch of games to get comfortable. Both seasons he’s had a rough start, and now both times back from an injury it’s taken him a few games to get the angles and his glove right. Maybe it’s normal for goalies, but I’m hoping it’s not a constant thing for him.
    PS. I honestly thought Flower gave an oscar winning performance on that hit. But since it eventually took him out maybe I was wrong.

Completely agree with all this. Gus was finally rolling and stealing games again when he got hurt. Thought the same on the Flower play, replay showed he got him though. Then lots of fans on Twitter whining that lockwood had to fight after a “legal play” lol that’s just the dumbest argument every time

Ripjiggen

Ridiculous. You touch the goalie in any form and you better expect the fist to come flying.
    I see he got suspended for 3 games.

basseyes

Mason Shaw in for Iowa tonight. Think we’ll see him in St. Paul before the end of the year? I do. The guy just doesn’t quit. Would be cool to see him with dewar and duhaime again; they would be buzzin.

Shaw is just a special player. No quit in the dude. What a story that would be if he somehow finds his way back on nhl ice.

basseyes

Ridiculous. You touch the goalie in any form and you better expect the fist to come flying.
    I see he got suspended for 3 games.

Wonder if RS would ever fight if Otty got hit like that?

Ripjiggen

Fight no….face wash a guy from behind or cross check him in the back yes.

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

Of course the previous stat means nothing if you are up 2 to 1.

CaptainMusky

Doesn’t matter the SOG when we are on the good side

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I agree but it’s generally not a recipe for success at any level of hockey, and certainly not sustainable.

CaptainMusky

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>

I agree but it’s generally not a recipe for success at any level of hockey, and certainly not sustainable.

you are right but I’m glass half full and we won. LOL

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

Anyone here predict that this road trip would end with 2 wins?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Faber with 7 points in his last 4 games… and to think he was deemed only a pure shutdown defenseman for so long…

JoeMX1825
    MN

i figured 0-3 based on how hot those teams have been lately… I didn’t get a chance to watch a second of todays game, looks like it was mostly all Gus?

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Just watched Middletons post game interview. The dude is hilarious but often holds it together; he really let loose this time. Gotta watch it if you haven’t.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Watching the FSN replay, you gotta think Carolina overpays to get the best available goalie before/at the trade deadline. They are wasting a really good team with bad goaltending…

tswoboda

Is Freddy Andersen coming back this season? Canes have been the Corsi Kings for like 4 years and fizzle in the playoffs every time.

basseyes

Yeah, no.

Couldn’t watch the game live but finally got to watch it late last night. Gus was pretty darn good. KK could’ve had 5 goals last night, Jojo had a couple good looks and Rossi hit a pipe. The shot differential seemed odd checking the game before watching it. After watching it, it reminded me of the old Blackhawk/wild games. We’d out shout them 45 to 18 and they’d win 3 to 1. Shooting percentage was pretty good for us and Gus’s save percentage really gained some ground. 4th line didn’t get to play much but seemed to have a good shift or 2 late in the 3rd. Like how Hynes is managing ice time and how he’s actually engaged with the players. Still miss Dean’s nutty side at times. But sure don’t miss his deer in the headlights, lost looking no coaching style. Looked like they kept everything to the outside and the odd man rushes weren’t as numerous or problematic. Gus got to see a lot of pucks.

Really like to see Rossi’s development. He’s starting to get a little more chippy and no backing down from bigger players.

Ek’s goal was about as much of an Ek goal as it gets. By the time the puck was in the back of the net their whole team was around the net. Faber’s reaction to Ek’s goal was awesome, he was jacked. Brodin’s pretty d@m good. Gus seems to play better the more pucks he touches.

Still think a 1st line good, bigger center would change this team drastically, who was good on the dot.

Goose had a decent game. To bad he’s so old and worn out.

Boldy needs mental help. When he’s on he’s fun to watch. When he’s not it’s cringy to watch him struggle.

Zuccy and KK both had good games.

Faber is so fun to watch. Keep thinking if he continues to develop and this isn’t his ceiling, he’ll be a force.

Middleton gets another goal.

If Jesper could sneak out a win on nhl ice with Flower out, could be a big help for him mentally.

Biggest thing that concerns me is BG thinking if this team goes on a run he needs to give up something for this team to maybe have a sniff at the playoffs. Fine making a move or two, as long as it isn’t short sighted.

CaptainMusky

Pretty wild stat about Faber I read this morning. He is on pace for 50 plus pts as a rookie 21 year old. That has only been done twice before. Makar and Quinn Hughes.

tswoboda

Pretty wild stat about Faber I read this morning. He is on pace for 50 plus pts as a rookie 21 year old. That has only been done twice before. Makar and Quinn Hughes.

Did it mention both Hughes and Makar did it in the covid shortened season?

Still awesome, just think trying to compare him to those 2 is a losing proposition. He’s a completely different style defenseman, could argue better style, just different.

CaptainMusky

It did not mention that. Im not trying to compare him to them, I know he is not nearly as dynamic as either of those two, but its still an interesting stat.

tswoboda

The other funny part about that stat is that it’s not actually true. Faber is on pace for 48 points, not 50

Viewing 30 posts - 2,911 through 2,940 (of 5,222 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.