2023/2024 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Whether it counts or not, that is a really bad goal given up by Fleury.

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

Whether it counts or not, that is a really bad goal given up by Fleury.

Agreed, should have been stopped

tswoboda

This was supposed to be the Wild goalie tandem shock

JoeMX1825
    MN

How crazy would it be to try and lock Dewar into a longterm 6+ year deal? (Similar to Gudreau’s) He just looks like the type of player a team like Tampa would lockup longterm and then everyone says its a genius move a few years later… I dont think its that crazy…

JoeMX1825
    MN

God this Powerplay needs somebody who can take a 1 timer…

CaptainMusky

Talbot is swimming we’ve got time boys. Fleury not looking good on a couple.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Broken record, but Faber is doing offensive things NOBODY knew he could do…

He could have used Charlie MacAvoy’s extra 10 lbs on that hit attempt though )

JoeMX1825
    MN

Damn, Wild getting more than enough chances to get right back into this game…

CaptainMusky

I was saying all last Gophers season that Brock had really worked on his offensive game and hes taken it to another level this year. Dean even said they are pushing him more to drive the offense. Good to see. I know he was on the ice for 1 goal last night so I believe that is only 2 goals in all of his game unless he was on for more than 1 last night. I stopped watching.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I was saying all last Gophers season that Brock had really worked on his offensive game and hes taken it to another level this year. Dean even said they are pushing him more to drive the offense. Good to see. I know he was on the ice for 1 goal last night so I believe that is only 2 goals in all of his game unless he was on for more than 1 last night. I stopped watching.

He was on for a couple I beleive (the 2 DuBois goals scored in 20 seconds?)

I don’t put much into the loss last night, the puck was bouncing all over the place and magically landing on Kings sticks, it was just one of those games and we had more than enough grade A chances to get back into the game and it just didn’t go in…(Hell they almost scored on a center ice dump in due to a crazy bounce on Flower)

The Oilers are 1-3, tons of great teams are 2-2 and we’re dealing with tons of injuries to key players….

The one thing i’m a little worried about is the play of Ryan Hartman sofar…I’d say he’s been below average, that’s not terrible, but we can’t have that level of play on our 1st line with Kirill and Zuccy…we need them to score 5-5 goals…i’m not saying to pull him off the line right now, but it’s something Deano needs to monitor and make a change if progress isn’t being made over the next 5-10 games…

CaptainMusky

Hartman started off super slow last year. The good news is KK is scoring already it took him a while every other year.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Hartman started off super slow last year. The good news is KK is scoring already it took him a while every other year.

yeah, that’s the Hartman we dont want to see the next FOUR seasons… hopefully he improves starting next game…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Lol, Walz saying everyone on the early Wild teams called Darby Hendrickson “Money” tells you everything you need to know in just how bad those early teams were…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Why put Merril and Mermis as a pair?

JoeMX1825
    MN

It would be interesting to see the number of high quality scoring chances Rossi has had sofar this season?

He’s gotta be something like 1/17? Dont get me wrong, getting chances is great and shows he’s playing well, but that conversion rate is a teeny tiny bit worrisome…is it just a rookie funk? Terrible luck? …likely, but something to watch for as the season goes on…

basseyes

Rossi seems way more active and a lot stronger. Only time will tell if he can actually bury some.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

The Wild need to start playing some defense. Stat.

tswoboda

Maroon with back to back backhand toe drags about 5 seconds apart is the highlight of the season

I can’t stop laughing rotflol

tswoboda

Because Spurgeon and Goose are hurt ?

Clutch PP goal there

lindyrig79

F-ing offsides review again.

Worst rule in the NHL.

tswoboda

If they have to look at this ticky tack offside review in slow mo for this long that tells you how broken this stupid rule is. Unreal

I guess stickhandling through someone is considered losing and regaining possession. I hope it gets recorded as both a turnover and then a takeaway

lindyrig79

I agree with Tswoboda.

It’s literally splitting hairs to the Nth degree and doesn’t have a material impact on the play.

I don’t care if it’s for or against the Wild. Just sickening to watch either way.

They NEED to figure out a way to ONLY stop and overturn a goal if it’s egregious.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Columbus had 54 shots on goal? Good god.

basseyes

Zuc and KK, shoot the d@m puck!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Zuc and KK, shoot the d@m puck!

I thought Zuc was actually pretty good about that last night. Obviously had the goal(s), but he was shooting when the lanes were closed to KK for once. Hopefully he keeps doing that. Kirill on the other hand……

KP
    Hudson, WI

Kirill is to blame for that OT loss. The team really is hurting without Spurgeon and doesnt look like he will return anytime soon.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

Somebody has to cover for how terrible Merrill is. And they don’t want to double shift Brodin, Faber, or Middleton. They can’t put him and Addison together again, they might as well pull the goalie with that pairing.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Great! Merrill is healthy enough to play tonight….

Attachments:
    1. Thumbs-Down-scaled.jpg

Viewing 30 posts - 901 through 930 (of 5,222 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.