2023/2024 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Whats the story about Mitchkov’s dad? Never seen anything about that.

his healthy 51 year old father was found dead in a shallow pond near his home months before the NHL draft…His dad had been going public saying he’d like to get his son out of his 6 year KHL deal so he could leave early for the NHL…

CaptainMusky

Ah, I do remember hearing about that now. Nothing to see here that is for sure! Wow.

tswoboda

Not discounting any of the off ice pressures. No doubt it’s a different world… The Fedotov and Michkov stories are both perfect and very recent examples.

Still doesn’t make any sense sending Michkov to a division rival for the season, where he is outproducing anyone on SKA… including #1C Alex Galchenyuk. If they’re going to go through with killing his dad then you’d think they would at least play him on their own team.

CaptainMusky

Shaw signed his contract. Just one year and a bit surprising but its a one-way. No idea on AAV though. Edit, I see its an AHL contract now.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Still doesn’t make any sense sending Michkov to a division rival for the season, where he is outproducing anyone on SKA… including #1C Alex Galchenyuk. If they’re going to go through with killing his dad then you’d think they would at least play him on their own team.

I absolutely agree, makes ZERO sense…The SKA Oligarch owner is super flaky though…They have Ivan Demidov on that team too, he’s a projected top 3 draft pick this year…he’s been jerked around the roster since game 1…

The possibilities can easily turn into a Hollywood spy movie script, who’s to say SKA isn’t holding the Flyers hostage behind the curtain demanding payments or maybe Philly paid to get him off the team…no matter how crazy it sounds, you can’t rule it out…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Shaw signed his contract. Just one year and a bit surprising but its a one-way. No idea on AAV though. Edit, I see its an AHL contract now.

That’s great for him! The kid is a living medical case study in knee repair…

tswoboda

Good for him to start getting a paycheck again. I think the goal for game action is Thanksgiving to early December. Then if there’s room or need for him with the NHL club this year he needs to pass through waivers before the trade deadline. I can’t imagine any team putting in a claim.

JoeMX1825
    MN

New Wild on 7th Episode with Jesper Wallstedt

This kid is so well spoken at 20 years old and it was interesting to hear about his initial AHL impressions and introduction to north american hockey…

CaptainMusky

None of this is on Bedard btw, I think its actually unfair pressure on the young kid… i’m just saying the online craziness is getting out of hand…

Its just hype. If he were to have been drafted by the Wild I doubt it would be this big of a deal, but because he was drafted by an Original Six its the hype train. Kid has the skills to be elite for a long time, lets just enjoy the ride even if its the Hawks.

wormdunker

i’m just saying the online craziness is getting out of hand…

Does, “Online craziness” also extend to your efforts to grow this thread to 5,000 pages?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Walker and Lettieri cut and being sent to Iowa….Does this surprise any of you hardcore guys? I thought Lettieri was kind of brought in to help the PP (even though he’s been a fringe player most of his career). He put up points this preseason. Guess I figured with our depth he’d be on the roster.

JoeMX1825
    MN

They have decided to play with 12 forwards and accrue capspace to the point they can call up Walker or Beckman, injuries can obviously throw a wrench in that plan…

tswoboda

No surprises with guys waived/sent to Iowa. Barring injury the starting 12F/7D/2G roster has been pretty much set in stone. They’ll try only carrying 12F as much as they can to build cap space. Expect to see a fair amount of 11F/7D games this season. Hopefully they never get to the point of playing short but there’s a real chance it could happen with injuries.

Letteiri and Khaira were brought in to replace Nic Petan and Stevan Fogarty as the 13th forward/1st call-up guys. I expect Walker will be a call-up once they build enough cap space to afford him and also need a top-6 forward. Letteiri/Khaira/Walker are all very different players so who gets called up will depend on what position is open. Mason Shaw could work his way into that mix the 2nd half of the season as well.

tswoboda

Looks like they are playing the full team tonight and I think that’s Chicago’s full team as well

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20231005_110841_X.jpg

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Dean was just on with PA and confirmed the entire starting lineup is playing tonight. He also sounded fairly happy with how Addison has come into camp, saying he’s playing with more grit and doing what they’ve asked him to do on and off the ice.

tswoboda

After reading “will Khaira or Letteiri get claimed?!” 100x on Twitter yesterday… this is just too perfect rotflol

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20231005_151448_X.jpg

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Looks like Deano got into the Just For Men…. jester

Ripjiggen

No surprises with guys waived/sent to Iowa. Barring injury the starting 12F/7D/2G roster has been pretty much set in stone. They’ll try only carrying 12F as much as they can to build cap space. Expect to see a fair amount of 11F/7D games this season. Hopefully they never get to the point of playing short but there’s a real chance it could happen with injuries.

Letteiri and Khaira were brought in to replace Nic Petan and Stevan Fogarty as the 13th forward/1st call-up guys. I expect Walker will be a call-up once they build enough cap space to afford him and also need a top-6 forward. Letteiri/Khaira/Walker are all very different players so who gets called up will depend on what position is open. Mason Shaw could work his way into that mix the 2nd half of the season as well.

Has anybody confirmed the amount of games that have to be played to build enough cap space to carry that 13th forward.

I assume they want Walker playing more than watching like Letteiri and Khaira may do.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tswoboda wrote:</div>

Has anybody confirmed the amount of games that have to be played to build enough cap space to carry that 13th forward.

I assume they want Walker playing more than watching like Letteiri and Khaira may do.

”I was told there would be no math”

JoeMX1825
    MN

Crazy how poised Faber is out there…never gets rattled… Rossi was impactful every shift that period, good sign…

Ripjiggen

I assumed you saw it on twitter somewhere.
    You are slipping. jester

Ripjiggen

Pretty cool moment I am sure for the Foligno family with both brothers scoring tonight.

I wonder if two brothers have ever scored against each other in an NHL game.

If it was my family we would probably have a scrap in this game too.

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

Crazy how poised Faber is out there…never gets rattled… Rossi was impactful every shift that period, good sign…

I noticed both as well. Faber looks solid with as few games that he has had in the NHL.

On Saturday, it seemed like O’Rourke played well. Any thoughts on his long term prospects?

tswoboda

Faber looked a little jittery to start but he was flying around the O-zone. Thought for sure the one was going in

Nick is tough but not that tough. Guessing he’s smart enough to stay far away from little bro

Ripjiggen

Faber looked a little jittery to start but he was flying around the O-zone. Thought for sure the one was going in

Nick is tough but not that tough. Guessing he’s smart enough to stay far away from little bro

I like to think the younger brother would win the scrap in my family as well. whistling

JoeMX1825
    MN

The Primeau’s are the only brothers to ever fight each other in the NHL right? I remember seeing interviews with them afterwards and they both said their Mom was super pissed and told them never again…. Too funny

Viewing 30 posts - 571 through 600 (of 5,361 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.