2023/2024 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• JoeMX1825
    MN

What the hell is going on with the SKA team in the KHL? (SKA is the New York Yankees equivalant franchise of the KHL)

Marat K has AGIAN been benched 2 games in a row and they are also benching contending 2024 #1 Draft pick Ivan Demidov for multiple games…is this the contract extension pressure tactic we’ve seen them use before?

oh and Yurov is scratched today…wtf

JoeMX1825
    MN

Russo confirming a report that Liam Ohgren is flying to MN to see the Wild doctors and get their input on treatment for his “injury”… I “beleive” the injury was reported to be with his back, but not 100%…still seems strange he’s flying to MN from Sweden for it….

obviously that’s not good news….

CaptainMusky

Joe I think with the whole Rossi situation teams especially the wild will be extra cautious about their prospects to ensure they get properly evaluated and diagnosed. Im hoping this is just a cautionary move.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Joe I think with the whole Rossi situation teams especially the wild will be extra cautious about their prospects to ensure they get properly evaluated and diagnosed. Im hoping this is just a cautionary move.

I assume he (and all players) would have been extensively tested when he was here for the Development Camp a month or so ago, he seemed fine then…

CaptainMusky

I assume he (and all players) would have been extensively tested when he was here for the Development Camp a month or so ago, he seemed fine then…

Oh I know he was, and I am not saying he has a heart issue or anything like that, they just dont want to have a situation where a player is cleared to play and those other doctors miss something like they did with ROssi.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

Oh I know he was, and I am not saying he has a heart issue or anything like that, they just dont want to have a situation where a player is cleared to play and those other doctors miss something like they did with ROssi.

yeah, it’s a strange situation fueled by a lack of information for a fanbase that have gone through this before with Rossi in terms of a not talked about injury/illnes….

JoeMX1825
    MN

it looks like there’s zero options to WATCH tonight’s Wild vs Stars game tonight… That’s just unacceptible imo…I get it that viewership numbers for a preseason game will be low, but at the very least provide a 1 camera web stream for the fans who want to watch it (like the Prospect games)…You’d think the teams would work together and come up with a preseason schedule to ensure at least one of them is providing a stream for EVERY game…

grow the friggin game!

JoeMX1825
    MN

Bedard has been named to the top line for Chicago with Taylor Hall and Ryan Donato. I understand he’s probably the most talented player on the team, but did he EARN it? Strange that he wasn’t started on the 3rd or 4th line with limited minutes and forced to earn his 1C placement?

Maybe Chicago is on to something in terms of putting a young offensive player in a position to succeed and use his toolset with other players who can take advantage of it?

Does anybody have an opinion on this? coffee devil (there really neeeds to be a fishing emoji)

CaptainMusky

I know you’re trolling Joe regarding ROssi’s situation, but you really cannot compare the two. Plus the Hawks are just flat out terrible. I mean they have Donato on the 1st line? Pretty sure he hasnt earned that.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I know you’re trolling Joe regarding ROssi’s situation, but you really cannot compare the two. Plus the Hawks are just flat out terrible. I mean they have Donato on the 1st line? Pretty sure he hasnt earned that.

hah

Ripjiggen

There needs to be a fish just swimming by emoji.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Might be a good thing that this game wasn’t televised…listening to the radio I barely heard the names of Boldy, Ek or Rossi called out through 2 periods (I didn’t listen to the 3rd)

Seemed like Dallas played a majority of their starters vs the Wild’s JV D squad and it showed with alot of mistakes that turned into Stars goals…

Thursday night should be fun though!

JoeMX1825
    MN

Future TV idea for the Wild to replace Ballys? I think the streaming portion of this strategy is the future of all major pro sports teams (local over the air idea would be cool, but I just don’t see that happening unless the ad revenue is enough)… Who wouldn’t pay $125 for an entire season of Wild games on TV, the only reason I still have cable TV is just to get those games anyways and i’m paying almost $100 a month for the rest of cable tv I don’t watch…

Something tells me the Comcast’s of the world will figure out a way to put a wrench into this idea though…especially when using their internet service to view it (cable companies are the Devil!)

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38496656/inside-utah-jazz-bold-new-tv-plan

JoeMX1825
    MN

No stream for tomorow night’s game from either team…just unacceptable in 2023…ffs…

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Who wouldn’t pay $125 for an entire season of Wild games on TV

Take my money! Hopefully more teams realize this is a better long term option, especially after the Bally’s debacle.

CaptainMusky

Perfect timing the TWolves and Lynx just announced new broadcast options and I didnt see Ballys mentioned. iHeart Radio, KFAN, some streaming service (not named that I have seen).

JoeMX1825
    MN

Perfect timing the TWolves and Lynx just announced new broadcast options and I didnt see Ballys mentioned. iHeart Radio, KFAN, some streaming service (not named that I have seen).

This is the wave of the future in Pro sports, just know there will likely be growing pains we’ll need to deal with (sketchy streams, outages, etc) until they iron out the process and I don’t see how the big cable companies just let this happen without putting up road blocks…

It’s my intention this is the final year (Wild Season) I have cable TV in my house…

CaptainMusky

I just wish they would put it on a local station and they would reach a far larger audience. THat is what some NBA teams are doing.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I just wish they would put it on a local station and they would reach a far larger audience. THat is what some NBA teams are doing.

That’s what the unknown is, can teams get enough revenue from commercials, merch sales, tickets sold, etc to equal or exceed the $20 million check they would get from the Regional Sports Channel companies at the start of each season…The Jazz owner is betting on losing money in the short term, but making it all back and more in the long term…only time will tell…

JoeMX1825
    MN

They are testing the waters, the streaming option is only for a limited number of games…Cool to be the first though…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Rossi tried the “Forsberg” move on a penalty shot (didnt score) he has 5 shots on goal sofar tonight, playing aggressive…

GMBG told Russo that the doctors had good news for Liam Ohgren, he WON’T need surgery and can begin skating again very soon, sounds like he dodged a bullet…wheeew!

Leopold said they have an emergency backup plan should Bally’s fall apart mid-season and stops televising games, would be a combo of OTA and Team Streaming option…

tswoboda

Connor Bedard first preseason game has 2 primary assists in a 2-1 OT win whistling

AnotherFisherman

From what I’ve read, Rossi looked impressive last night! Had a buddy at the game who specifically called Rossi out for looking good. Kaprizov is a different animal, what a treat he is to have on our team!

CaptainMusky

Connor Bedard first preseason game has 2 primary assists in a 2-1 OT win

Saw some highlights this morning and uffdah, he is going to be a handful.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Russo reporting Rossi took a skate to the face just now in practice and left the ice, no further update…

AnotherFisherman

^ Tis but a scratch, merely a flesh wound

Attachments:
    1. Python.jpg

JoeMX1825
    MN

Zuccy extended for 2 years x $4.125 Full NMC (Kirill approves!)

This deal will depend on what Zuccy we get, the one that started last season or the one that ended…either way getting a top line winger signed for $4.125 aav is not bad, especially with how important he still is for Kirill on & off the ice…

Viewing 30 posts - 481 through 510 (of 5,506 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.