2023/2024 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Bold strategy cotton

tswoboda

I was literally standing 6″ from my TV after Flower went to the bench

JoeMX1825
    MN

Just saw the replay… that was crazy… curious to know if that was all Hynes decision or if a phone call came from the GM suit?

Tom schmitt

Is there a nickname for Marat Khusnutdinov yet? I sure as heck can’t say his name.

Mario Kart?
    KOOS Koos?

I heard in Russia that they call him the Rocket.

Gitchi Gummi

Man that was an awesome end to the game. Boldy was the extra skater that came on for Flower too.

Umy
    South Metro

AWESOME!!

basseyes

Kept wonder why the heck Flower was half way to the blue line for a while. Couldn’t believe when he went to the bench. They totally took the preds off guard, no one excepted that at all. What a pass from Zuccy and shot from Boldy. Ek getting out of the way was actually surprising.

Fun game, but still want a better draft pick and the playoffs are still a pipe dream.

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

I did not know they could have lost their OT point if Nashville would have scored an eng. Apparently that went into place in the early 2000s before the lockout. I guess that explains why more teams don’t do it.

KP
    Hudson, WI

I did not know they could have lost their OT point if Nashville would have scored an eng. Apparently that went into place in the early 2000s before the lockout. I guess that explains why more teams don’t do it.

When I saw Russo tweeting about that I was shocked as well. They really do need every point they can get so love the call because making the playoffs is a long shot. Especially now that Vegas loaded up at the deadline.

CaptainMusky

I had no idea that was a rule either. Pretty wild the players didnt even know that was the case. Kind of a dumb rule if you ask me. I dont know why they would even make a rule like that.

tswoboda

One of the coolest parts is that they pulled it off smoothly while getting the exact 4 guys they want out there. And Preds were caught with 2 forwards out there like deer in the headlights. Fil Forsberg has 40 seconds of PK time this year so kinda fun picking on a dude who has no clue how to defend a 4v3

Kind of a dumb rule if you ask me. I dont know why they would even make a rule like that.

To protect the sanctity of 3v3 overtime and shootouts coffee
    So add OT Goalie Pull to the list of things they can do to tank, but I guess it kinda backfired rotflol

KHL doesn’t have that rule and some teams regularly pull their goalie in OT, Sergei Federov coaches CSKA and they’ve been doing it for like 5 years.

CaptainMusky

KHL doesn’t have that rule and some teams regularly pull their goalie in OT, Sergei Federov coaches CSKA and they’ve been doing it for like 5 years.

I remember that being brought up here before, perhaps by you even. Heckuva strategy.

tswoboda

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tswoboda wrote:</div>

I remember that being brought up here before, perhaps by you even. Heckuva strategy.

I’ve been hoping to see this for years, really didn’t think it would ever happen though

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot-2024-03-11-092436.jpg

brandmoney

I think I went through every emotion watching that game. If it was his call, Hynes earned my respect with that decision. It shows the guys that they’re all in on chasing the playoffs, no matter how dim it seems.

I hate that he doesn’t show emotion like Deano did, but I don’t think it hurts either to have a coach that retains his composure like Hynes does.

The Wild currently sit 6 points out of a playoff spot behind both Vegas and Los Angeles. VGK has played 1 less game than the Wild and LAK have played 2 less. The Wild still have to play those teams twice each before the end of the season.

The Wild have some very winnable games coming up, with 10 of their remaining 17 games against teams below them in the standings. 3 of those are against potential Wild Card teams (2 vs St Louis, 1 vs Seattle).

I think in order to make the playoffs, they have to steal some games against those tougher teams. They play Colorado (2x), and Winnipeg (1x) in addition to the silver and gold teams.

It’s gonna be a battle, but I don’t think it’s over quite yet.

brandmoney

Also, the team looks so much better with Foligno out there. I think he has that Fleury effect where everyone plays better when he’s in the lineup.

tswoboda

Also, the team looks so much better with Foligno out there. I think he has that Fleury effect where everyone plays better when he’s in the lineup.

Thank you toast He can take the worst linemates on the team and make them into a serviceable 3rd line, plus all the other stuff he does

Wild have the easiest remaining schedule in the league, so like it or not they’re going to finish somewhere in the 8, 9, 10 spot. Playoffs are still a very slim chance but they’d need to win about 14 or 15 of the last 17 games to pull that off. Knocking VGK out of the playoffs would be incredible

JoeMX1825
    MN

So I read this is Russo’s Khusnidhinov article

“Khusnutdinov got a head-to-toe physical Saturday and toured his new hockey market and the team’s game and practice facilities”

So he must be 5’11” as listed on the Wild’s roster. Only reason I bring it up is because his 5’8” draft height is why he dropped to the Wild in the 2nd round…All the draft guru’s said he’d be a 1st rounder if he was taller…

Ripjiggen

And a whopping 176lbs…Basically the same dimensions as Goose. jester
    #pissmissle.

JoeMX1825
    MN

And a whopping 176lbs…Basically the same dimensions as Goose. jester
    #pissmissle.

can’t teach height… they’ll put him on Rossi’s weight program….

Sounds like he’ll debut this week (probably Thursday)

CaptainMusky

From what I heard the other day he is built like a $hit brick house. So well will see.

CaptainMusky

He’s definitely been on the Russian gas lol

Tom schmitt

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Tom schmitt wrote:</div>
    I heard in Russia that they call him the Rocket.

his nickname is pi$$ missile. Best nickname in sports

From what I read the “urine missile” thing was a mistranslation of his nickname in Russian. Rocket was the correct translation. Or Russian rocket.

JoeMX1825
    MN

There’s only ONE Russian Rocket! Bure…

He said his nickname is Hoos or Hoosy

tswoboda

From what I read the “pussmissile” thing was a mistranslation of his nickname in Russian.

Isn’t that how all good nicknames manifest coffee

Like Joe said Rocket is off limits
    #pissmissile

Viewing 30 posts - 4,141 through 4,170 (of 5,222 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.