2022/2023 NHL/Wild Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• Ripjiggen

And Jon Merrill is my new Matt Dumba. He needs to be sat down for the playoffs.

They will have several options for that spot.
    I also think top four are going to be playing a lot of minutes.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Deano should give Rossi alot icetime in OT. Great opportunity for him to build some confidence in a meaningless game… he played a ton in Iowa OT games..

Ripjiggen

Just play 3 on 3 till something like that happens. Just as good as a goal as a shootout if not better.

Playoff hockey here we come. Wild are not exactly healthy and playing on all cylinders but playoffs F around and find out…

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

What a filthy goal for Parrsinen. Wow.

I agree I don’t want Gus sitting idle for too long and would rather have him playing. Just don’t love having the B squad out there giving up easy looks on him. Oh well, hopefully he can compartmentalize and know this was a throw-away game anyway.

Need everyone clicking on all cylinders in the playoffs, especially without Ek out there.

Let the playoffs begin!

tswoboda

Imagine at the end of last season someone handed you this box score and said this is how game 82 of the 22-23 season will go. I’d be like “so we’re getting Bedard?”
    I mean Reavo at 18 minutes and leading all forwards in PP time rotflol If only it showed Reaves wearing a letter and Addy at wing

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot-2023-04-13-213325.jpg

Ripjiggen

Ha no doubt…Imagine how bad some of the teams are that didn’t make it when we are playing 250 million roughly under the cap.

Ripjiggen

Thinking back on the season a little.

Freaking out about goaltending. Man has that changed. For both goalies I would say. Flower making less than Cam and is 29th paid goalie. Gus well he’s a vezina finalist.

Boldy wondering if he would even get to 20-23 goals. Went over a month without a goal. Should sign him to bridge deal not sure yet. 31 in his sophomore campaign. If you were wondering Fiala finished with 23.

Rossi oh man looks legit in pre season.
    Probably did him wonders not necessarily playing him on the big club out of need. Will be interesting what happens next year.

Dumba He sucks can’t wait to get rid of him. Haven’t heard his name on this thread much since about page 150 or so. Replaceable hopefully, big part of the team…yes jester

Spurg and Brodin Glue guys for this team both played some of there best hockey.

Reavo I still don’t think he brings much. But man the team loves him and had maybe one of his better seasons in a while. He was healthy scratch for how many games with Rangers. He may have played himself into another season in the NHL.

Ek keeps getting better every season. May be one of the most important players in the team.

Goose for a guy that rode the pine half the season which I will say is probably a tough way to play, was very helpful to the team.

Kaprizov worth the price of admission.
    God I hope they can sign him long term.

Freddy…Empty net shoot out doesn’t matter those goals may have helped win 11 games I think.

Poor Shaw

icex

10M is a good deal for Freddy and probably as big of a payday he could hope for. If he holds steady and doesn’t decline it’s a good deal. If he declines and becomes a liability not so good because Evason won’t take him off the ice even if he gets a leg amputated below the knee.

CaptainMusky

I mean Reavo at 18 minutes and leading all forwards in PP time

Never thought I would see that LOL He would certainly be a net front presence though.

Walleye Hungry

Are we cheering for the Avalanche to win or lose tonight? HMMMM coffee

I still hate how the playoffs changed away from the 1-8

BigWerm
    SW Metro

x2 but Gary Bettman is an agent for the NBA intent on diminishing the NHL product at every turn…ialto! But seriously it is so dumb.

CaptainMusky

let’s go avs

Agreed. We are kinda slipping into the playoffs and really banged up, but I really dont want to meet the Avs in round 1.
    The only clunker deadline deal appears to be Klingberg. He started out good, but has been borderline terrible since. We could have easily won that game last night with half our regular lineup.
    Love the Gaudreau signing.

tswoboda

Ron Hextall was the runner up when the wild hired Billy G. Holy hell did they dodge a bullet there. Imagine going from Fletcher to Fenton to Hextall in less than 12 months

I’m not a Billy G worshipper but gotta admit since his first season they’ve done a lot of winning and the vibes are immaculate. Inheriting Kirill obviously played a big roll in that as well

JoeMX1825
    MN

with the last 2 seasons he’s had, I bet Gaudreau could have got $3+ aav on the open market, but the term would have been likely 2-3 years…Wild gets the lower aav but how good will a 33-34 year old Gaudreau be? Honestly it doesn’t matter, in 4 years the NHL Salary cap will be over $100 million and his $2.1 is breadcrumbs…great signing, especially for a center… I bet he tapped his chest a few times and gave GMBG a fist bump after he signed it…

Now onto signing Gus…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Call me crazy, but i’d rather play Colorado…I just think Dallas’s Physical/speed play style gives the Wild more problems…IF our 2nd line continues to score, I think we can expose Colorado’s lack of depth… I think if we play overly physical the first few games we can wear down an already gimped Makar & Girard…I think Brodin and Spurgeon have a better chance of limiting MacKinnon and Rantanen vs Benn/Robertson/Hintz/Pavelski. Most importantly, I think Ottinger has a much better chance of stealing the series than Georgiev does…

tswoboda

Colorado did the whole sleepwalk through the regular season thing like Tampa the last few years. They’ve been banged up all year, still probably win the division, and now they have everyone but Landeskog available for game 1.

Dallas is like the Wild of last season in that they’re a nice team but everything has gone right for them all season. Their record is probably punching a little above their weight class.

Ripjiggen

Are we cheering for the Avalanche to win or lose tonight? HMMMM coffee

It’s been discussed and I agree but it would not matter in the Wild case this year.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Russo snuck in today’s story that GMBG was recently extended “for a long time” per Craig Leopold’s words…

Nice to know…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Thank god that stretch of games is over. It was hard to watch. Bring on the playoffs. We’ll see who we play after tonight.

lindyrig79

BG has been awesome in my opinion. Nobody is perfect but he has easily been the best GM the Wild have ever had. He worked some serious magic this year and I’ve liked almost all of his moves since he got here. Including shipping ZP and RS. Good deal on getting him long term!

CaptainMusky

The only blunder I think BG may have done is Klingberg, but even at that it isnt that big of a deal. Didnt cost much.

lindyrig79

The only blunder I think BG may have done is Klingberg, but even at that it isnt that big of a deal. Didnt cost much.

Exactly that is nit picking in the grand scheme of things

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Colorado and Nashville are tied 3-3 after 2. The Avalanche will win the division if they accrue at least 1 point from this final game.

tswoboda

Colorado and Nashville are tied 3-3 after 2. The Avalanche will win the division if they accrue at least 1 point from this final game.

They need both points

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

Dallas holds the tie breaker for most regulation wins. Colorado needs both points.

Ripjiggen

We will see you in Big D.

tswoboda

Let’s go

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20230414_214535_Twitter.jpg

Viewing 30 posts - 5,641 through 5,670 (of 7,320 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.