2022/2023 NHL/Wild Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• tswoboda

Not Wild related (wish it was) but my buddy’s kid signed a 3 year deal with the Blackhawks yesterday for nearly a million each. Happy for him.

Is your buddy Brian Rolston?! jester I know Wyatt Kaiser’s dad is a lot more logical but would be cool if it was Rolston since his kid just signed with the Hawks too lol. Any idea if he gets to play out the season in Chicago? Crazy their college season is over already.

Nesterenko just signed with the Ducks and looks like he will play NHL games this season.

CaptainMusky

I know its not often that a Sandelin led team doesnt make the tourney! Yeah, he will be traveling to Nashville but unsure how much he will be playing but he is meeting up with the big club.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

The teams in the red include the Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Guardians, San Diego Padres and Arizona Diamondbacks, according to one of the sources. Presently, Diamond stands to lose $20 million annually on San Diego.

That’ll make an interesting argument before a judge. “You have to let us tear up this contract. We’re losing money on it.”

Short term MN sports are probably fine. But the whole regional sports network concept is going down in flames. The leagues are going to end up owning their own broadcasting companies. Which of course will mean fans will pay more.

CaptainMusky

The leagues are going to end up owning their own broadcasting companies. Which of course will mean fans will pay more.

Yeah they have already been talking about it. The question would be however is how do you watch it? Will be streaming service or on regular TV?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Yeah they have already been talking about it. The question would be however is how do you watch it? Will be streaming service or on regular TV?

Probably both. They would offer a streaming option, and a NHL/MLB TV Cable package I would think. And either a home team centric or league wide add-on option. Like $5/month for MN Wild NHL Games, and $10/15 a month for all NHL games. (total speculation on the cost)

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Like $5/month for MN Wild NHL Games, and $10/15 a month for all NHL games. (total speculation on the cost)

I hope your (speculative) optimistim on the prices is close.

I’m afraid if the leagues take it over, they will want to make a profit just on the subscriptions alone. Advertising will be just candy sprinkles.

I’m going to guess much higher prices are in the future.

JoeMX1825
    MN

They’ll go the streaming route, then they dont need to deal with anybody in terms of distribution…

icex

The NHL’s mistake was putting games all over the network universe. I don’t remember how long those contracts for ESPN or TNT run but that’s what drove many viewers away. It was a pain finding a package that included all the networks to see all the games. Look at the hoops some of you jumped through with VPN’s and all that to get the games you wanted to see. The vast majority of fans are not going to go to those lengths so they just quit watching out of frustration. The NHL just does not have that large of a dedicated fan base to be chasing viewers away. They are not the NFL or MLB.

I dumped my DirecTv streaming or more accurately they dumped me and I haven’t really seen a game since. I got the Bally app for $20 a month but tonight’s game is on TNT so my $20 gets me a big nothing tonight. Yep it’s frustrating and I just got tired of throwing money around chasing all this. So when Bally’s broadcast season is over that app is gone and I’ll take the $20 and buy another case of beer and go fishing. The NHL needs to get back to another Center Ice type package where all the games are consolidated in one place for viewing. If I remember that package was like $150 a season but that was only out of market games. Eliminate the networks keep the broadcast rights yourselves package everything and sell it to the fans to view in one place. Then pay extra for a playoff package if your team is in it if not tune out if you want. They may just get a good portion of that 20 plus percent viewership they lost this year.

Ripjiggen

Don’t disagree with the amount of different viewing options but from what they had before the last contracts the NHL did well. Hell they were not even part of ESPN before. They were not even on sports center for highlights. There is still a center ice package.

tswoboda

Wasn’t long ago the national games were on OLN and Versus. That out of market center ice package still exists, it’s called ESPN+ and it’s $48 for the season. There’s always going to be exclusive national games mixed in.

Not saying it’s all perfect but most of our issues here stem from Bally being the local rights holder and it’s tough to blame the NHL for that.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I never appreciated how good Mitch Marner is.. I always thought he was overpaid and mostly just benefited from playing with Mathews… boy was I wrong… dude is a magician with the puck and his hockey mind is elite…

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

These stupid nationally televised games….first they give us a late start even though were playing in the central time zone…then the first game goes long and delays our game. Ridonkulous.

Ripjiggen

I just want more big city green games. toast

JoeMX1825
    MN

I really hope Reaves can catch Schenn with his head down, there’s no other player I want to get their clock cleaned more than him…

Binnington would be a close 2nd…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

These stupid nationally televised games….first they give us a late start even though were playing in the central time zone…then the first game goes long and delays our game. Ridonkulous.

Just like watching the playoffs again…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Stone hands. applause

JoeMX1825
    MN

Gotta give Dumba alot of credit, he’s really cleaned up his game the past month…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

That was actually a really nice goal by Vrana.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Well I’m glad they woke up! jester

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

OMG! Fleury just took a step up in my book! Why didn’t the refs let them go?!? Goalie fight would have been awesome!!

hdog3385

Would have been nice to see binnington get his clock cleaned by anybody, goalie or not

brandmoney

Of course this one’s on TNT and not Bally/ESPN

I’ve been limited to the radio broadcast for this absolute mess of a game

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

6 goals already. KK who?

KP
    Hudson, WI

This is one of the more crazy games I’ve have watched! Man would it have been fun to see a goalie fight and glad they booted Schenn!

Viewing 30 posts - 4,741 through 4,770 (of 7,320 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.