2021 MN Wild/NHL Thread

• CaptainMusky

Can you imagine this Wild team with a center like Zibanejad? I know its a pipe dream, but just think what it would look like with him between KK and Zucc? A reuniting of former teammates? Where do I sign up?
    I don’t think the Rangers would be too willing to part with him and the cost would be pretty high, but Dumba would look good in Blue just saying.

JoeMX1825
    MN

it’s going to take Fiala + a 1st at a minimum to get any center worth a darn, it sucks but you need to give up talent to get talent…Dumba isn’t going to get us much outside of a 2nd+ round draft pick or two and cap savings…

Vegas and Columbus are also in the market for a center so we’re competing with them, Columbus has the draft pick currency advantage…

CaptainMusky

Listening to Russo’s most recent podcast now. Getting caught up, interesting dialogue for sure and the comments of “radio silence” with Parise is intriguing. When Russo feels that something is developing, something is developing.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

We drink your tears from the cup.

Just purchased one of these bad boys.

Attachments:
    1. SCC21_Tee_Parade__40122.1625761565.jpg

disco bobber

Stanley Cup Championships: Tampa Bay-3 Minnesota-ZERO #loserville.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

You have to admit, Kuch’s troll level is epic, from the post game interview to this.

Certainly better troll game than me.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20210711-2013382.png

2. Screenshot_20210711-201338.png

tswoboda

Pug who’s your favorite Bolts player from this cup run?

Mine is Gaborik.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Mine is Gaborik.

Gabby was awesome out there! flying all over the ice like he did in his Wild days! Don’t forget about the huge blocked shot from Anders Nelsson from his living room couch in game 3….

but obviously the biggest impact this season and playoffs came from Os Coxae “Hip Bone” The way he was able to delay his surgery enough to supposedly last all regular season and then immediately be in game shape for game 1 of the playoffs will go down in NHL lore forever…

I guess paybacks a biotch as the Lightning were victims of the same cap circumvention by the Blackhawks back in the 2015 playoffs with the Patrick Kane injury so maybe they felt justified…

The NHL has a few major issues to resolve in the next CBA, this obvious cap circumvention with LTIR and how to deal with teams in states that don’t have an income tax.

If an NHL player could sign a $10 million dollar contract in Florida or Texas with a 0% income tax or in Minnesota with a $10% income tax (highest income bracket) which do you think he’s going to sign with and keep the extra $1,000,000?

JoeMX1825
    MN

The more I watch highlights of Logan Stankoven, the more I want the Wild to use the #25 pick on him….He’s a small frame right-shot pure sniper, he looks like a Cole Caufield/Alex Debrincat clone except he’s slightly taller & thicker…He would be an excellent replacement for Zuccarello on Kaprizov’s line in 3 years… The kid can absolutely light the lamp and imagine him burying all the setups Kaprizov could get him…

To many he might be a slight reach at #25, but there’s zero chance he gets past the first few picks of the 2nd round…

I’m still undecided on what to do with the #21 pick (if the Wild even end up keeping it with all the rumors of potential buyouts and xpac protection)

IF they do end up keeping it, I’d hope they target the offensive upside guys like Nikita Chibrikov, Isak Rosen or Samu Toumaala

tswoboda

Is Peter Chiarelli still working for the Oilers in some capacity? Because they just pulled a Chiarelli level trade. Gives me false hope for the Parise situation.

tswoboda

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tswoboda wrote:</div>

Mine is Gaborik.

Gabby was awesome out there! flying all over the ice like he did in his Wild days! Don’t forget about the huge blocked shot from Anders Nelsson from his living room couch in game 3….

but obviously the biggest impact this season and playoffs came from Os Coxae “Hip Bone” The way he was able to delay his surgery enough to supposedly last all regular season and then immediately be in game shape for game 1 of the playoffs will go down in NHL lore forever…

I guess paybacks a biotch as the Lightning were victims of the same cap circumvention by the Blackhawks back in the 2015 playoffs with the Patrick Kane injury so maybe they felt justified…

The NHL has a few major issues to resolve in the next CBA, this obvious cap circumvention with LTIR and how to deal with teams in states that don’t have an income tax.

If an NHL player could sign a $10 million dollar contract in Florida or Texas with a 0% income tax or in Minnesota with a $10% income tax (highest income bracket) which do you think he’s going to sign with and keep the extra $1,000,000?

Someone get the hook cutters. He took the bait, and took it deep.

CaptainMusky

Is Peter Chiarelli still working for the Oilers in some capacity? Because they just pulled a Chiarelli level trade. Gives me false hope for the Parise situation.

I am really scratching my head over that trade. The kicker is that the Hawks didnt even retain any salary.

tswoboda

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tswoboda wrote:</div>

I am really scratching my head over that trade. The kicker is that the Hawks didnt even retain any salary.

It’s just crazy because there’s been rumors about the trade for a week now and I’m sitting here thinking ‘OK what does Chicago have to give up to get out of that contract?’ And turns out they actually received decent assets and still got out of the entire salary. What is Edmonton thinking?!

JoeMX1825
    MN

Holland needs to go back to the home after this one….I fully expect to get BACK a 1st rounder when Parise is traded now )

CaptainMusky

It’s just crazy because there’s been rumors about the trade for a week now and I’m sitting here thinking ‘OK what does Chicago have to give up to get out of that contract?’ And turns out they actually received decent assets and still got out of the entire salary. What is Edmonton thinking?!

Yeah, Chicago came out like bandits on that. Keith has been in decline for several years. Had a trade like this been done 4 or 5 years ago it would make sense, but how is he going to help the Oilers now? I just don’t see it.

tswoboda

Bowman has made a lot of questionable moves as GM in Chicago, but hats off to him on deleting bad contacts. He’s made almost $15m in cap hits to Hossa, Seabrook, and Keith just straight up disappear.

Billy G should be taking notes.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

NHL.COM had a list of top FA forwards on the site today and David Krejci’s name caught my attention. Now I don’t know how far fetched it is that Boston doesn’t resign him or if the Wild will have any money to try and sign him. But by looking at nothing but his stats, he could be a guy that could help center one of our top 2 lines. He dishes out assists, especially on the PP, has only been a minus twice in his career and is pretty good on face offs.

Do any of the hockey experts in here think there’s a way we could take a shot at him? And would you if you could?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Looks like he’s at 5.25 Million last year. Might not have that kind of cash if we sign KK and Fiala.

tswoboda

Lord Stanley has officially been Florida Man’d.

Attachments:
    1. 20210712_192357.jpg

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Looks like $18m in damages

Ok that’s not as good as this one I saw on Twitter.

“Cup headed for LTIR. It’ll be back in time for the playoffs.”

tswoboda

Looks like $18m in damages

Ok that’s not as good as this one I saw on Twitter.

“Cup headed for LTIR. It’ll be back in time for the playoffs.”

rotflol

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Mine is Gaborik.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20210712-212538.png

JoeMX1825
    MN

It was reported today that at the NHL GM meetings they voted to recommend new rule enforcement around cross-checking to the Competition Committee, so we shall see if any changes are made, at least they acknowledge its an issue…

CaptainMusky

Russo just wrote an article regarding Parise potential buyout options. He said a league source has told him that IF the Wild were to trade him to a team and that team bought him out, the Wild would still be on the hook for the cap recapture should he retire early. What a joke!
    So, the only way around that is if the Wild buy him out. I don’t particularly like the idea of paying him big dollars in year 2, 3, and 4, but it would save $5.1M this year which the Wild desperately needs unless some other player is traded which we will see in the coming couple weeks regarding expansion and the upcoming draft.
    I have a hard time seeing Parise playing for the Wild this year, but I dont like the thought of the cap recapture because lets face it, Parise would stick it to the Wild if given the chance.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

HOLY CRAP! It just happened but SUTER ALSO!!!!!!

BG is a MONSTER!

Slabhunter

HOLY CRAP! It just happened but SUTER ALSO!!!!!!

BG is a MONSTER!

Just read that on The Athletic/Russo…hard to believe but great move IMO.

Ripjiggen

Just saw Russo tweeted the Wild are buying out Suter and Parise. Don’t know the truth to this. Didn’t see this coming. At least in Suter. New times in Minnesota.

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

Its all but official!…. Wow!!!…..

Just saw Russo tweeted the Wild are buying out Suter and Parise. Don’t know the truth to this.

Viewing 30 posts - 2,911 through 2,940 (of 3,757 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.