2019 WX2200

• Pauleye
    Onamia

Interesting. I hope they put some bow flare on it.

Scott Gergen
    Hastings, MN

Rumor is that the 2190 gets a similar 2060 treatment.

Is it bigger? Don’t know yet. If it is I bet it is just enough to hang a 350 on it.

Scott

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Picture

Attachments:
    1. wx2200.png

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Beginning to wonder if MX line is on it’s way out. No updates to MX1825 now for least 7 years (other than minimal things needed to tweek a new model). Seems all attention is to the WX line.
    IMHO, this is the WRONG direction. The line did not need another 80+ thousand dollar rig, but more in the other direction. There are far more people in the world that can afford a $30-45K rig versus the other end of the spectrum.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

doc the manufactures don’t care. If they sell $60,000 boats it provides trade ins and a used market for those upgrading a few years later. The demand is what will drive sales and right now there is enough demand for the high end boats to keep going. I personally never saw the MX series as anything more then a Muskie platform although there are many multi species guys buying them. Anyway, didn’t they just add a new MX model last year or the year before?

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Walk-through video posted on the Don’s Marine Facebook page:

We are at the Skeeter Boats Dealer Meeting and are excited about the new 2019 Skeeter WX2200!

Posted by Don's Marine on Wednesday, August 15, 2018

David Blais

Ah another bench! I went with a trophy 205 over a wx2060, because of the jump seats!

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Changed the bigger model MX, don’t exactly know reason for doing so.

JoeMX1825
    MN

doc the manufactures don’t care. If they sell $60,000 boats it provides trade ins and a used market for those upgrading a few years later. The demand is what will drive sales and right now there is enough demand for the high end boats to keep going. I personally never saw the MX series as anything more then a Muskie platform although there are many multi species guys buying them. Anyway, didn’t they just add a new MX model last year or the year before?

They just re-branded the MX2025 to the MX2040, everything remained the same boat wise other than including a set electronics package and a smaller set of color combos…

I’m with you on the need to offer more $30-$40k boats…when I look at what I paid for my 2013 MX vs what they charge now for basically the identical boat, I smile…

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Offering new boats at that price point is a tough ask of the fiberglass builders. It increases their competition by being directly up against many more aluminum boats, as well as competing against the used boat market – which likely includes their own brand of boats taken in on trade by their dealers.

Just because a boat is smaller doesn’t make it all that cheaper to build. A little less in material, but production line time is probably similar. The last thing in the world I’d want is for Skeeter to start reducing build quality or fit/finish on any rigs they make in order to hit a lower price point. That reputation impacts the entire brand.

Ed Lashyro
    NULL

Bow flare, 6″ bow height, 20 degree hull at the transom, midship cleats, no pop up cleats either, bigger bilge pumps with auto float, dry storage that doesn’t leak, wash down pump, access to the pumps for servicing, access to the fuel filters with out being a contortionist. Super insulated fish boxes.

350 HP is the past, 425 Yamaha, Minn Kota 5 battery bow mount 150 LB thrust for jigging the Great Lakes. Bimini top for big water that attaches like a Grady White, suspension seats that are made for close frequency chop, trim tabs standard with position indicators.

Simrad elecronics, radar arch, lights off arch. Big water boats need to big be big water boats. A lot of these items i did to my 2190.

Build it for the podium, put a smile on the crews face when they go there. Make a giant killer.

Scott Gergen
    Hastings, MN

A bit longer (4”), a bit narrower beam (2”) based on the video. Looks like it got the same makeover as the 2060. Lenovo tabs, look like the shorties which some folks have said are not nearly as effective as the 9×9 or 12×9. No 350 Yamaha? That surprises me. I don’t know for sure what it is rated for, but I’d think they would put the max outboard on it for the dealer show.

Other than that, I like the jump seats in the 2190. I like the fron deck rod straps in the 2200.

Couldn’t tell much about the hull to see if there were changes.

Scott

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Bow flare, 6″ bow height, 20 degree hull at the transom, midship cleats, no pop up cleats either, bigger bilge pumps with auto float, dry storage that doesn’t leak, wash down pump, access to the pumps for servicing, access to the fuel filters with out being a contortionist. Super insulated fish boxes.

350 HP is the past, 425 Yamaha, Minn Kota 5 battery bow mount 150 LB thrust for jigging the Great Lakes. Bimini top for big water that attaches like a Grady White, suspension seats that are made for close frequency chop, trim tabs standard with position indicators.

Simrad elecronics, radar arch, lights off arch. Big water boats need to big be big water boats. A lot of these items i did to my 2190.

Build it for the podium, put a smile on the crews face when they go there. Make a giant killer.

That’s like polishing a turd to try to make it something it won’t ever be. Like calling a mini van a front wheel drive pick up with a topper….

Aaron Mills

Had the opportunity this week to run the new WX2200. Definitely a sweet boat! 2190s are awesome boats but the 2200 is nothing short of amazing. There are a ton of things that I believe make this boat a masterpiece. Skeeter knocked this one out of the park IMHO.

Scott Gergen
    Hastings, MN

Had the opportunity this week to run the new WX2200. Definitely a sweet boat! 2190s are awesome boats but the 2200 is nothing short of amazing. There are a ton of things that I believe make this boat a masterpiece. Skeeter knocked this one out of the park IMHO.

Can you elaborate? On the surface I see the same makeover that the 2060 got for 2018. For my use and in my opinion, some good and some not so good. I think that sentiment is shared by a few here when it comes to the 2060. More storage in back vs. jump seats is good for some, not others for example.

Did they change the starboard cockpit storage like the 2060? How about the cockpit port locker? Pricing?

I guess what I’m asking is, now that you’ve run it how is the 2200 better than the 2190?

Scott

Aaron Mills

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Aaron Mills wrote:</div>

Can you elaborate? On the surface I see the same makeover that the 2060 got for 2018. For my use and in my opinion, some good and some not so good. I think that sentiment is shared by a few here when it comes to the 2060. More storage in back vs. jump seats is good for some, not others for example.

Did they change the starboard cockpit storage like the 2060? How about the cockpit port locker? Pricing?

I guess what I’m asking is, now that you’ve run it how is the 2200 better than the 2190?

Scott

I don’t get on here enough… Didn’t see this until now, and there’s already a thread with pics of the 2200, but I’ll give you my thoughts on running the boat… in my opinion it feels snappier than the 2190, and I believe it’s more responsive all around. I guess you could say it feels a little more sporty than the 2190? With three of us in the boat I hit 57.4 but I don’t remember what the tach was at. I like the aluminum under all the doors, and the rod storage seems like it will work a lot better. Getting rid of the PVC tubes helps me a lot as I’m the guy that has to work on these, and installing bow rails with the PVC in the way was a pain. The overall size of the cockpit, and bow is awesome. I hear all the ranger guys bragging about the room in their boats all the time, and I believe this boat is a game changer. The bench seat is laughed at by a few folks but what does ranger offer for extra seating? I ask because all I ever see is two seats in theirs? Hope this is helpful info?

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Doesn’t Ranger generally have jump seats in addition to their 4 pedestals?

Two seats plus two jump seats allow you to pull out the back to pedastal seats and gives you a LOT of cockpit room. Of course, the bench should accomplish the same thing I’d think, but might invite some hanky-panky from your fishing partners?

Looks like a sweet boat!

bfishn

I’m scratching my head at the removal of the jump seats in favor of that bench/back rest that is always in the way. To me the 2190 has the perfect set up in the back, and is one of the main reasons I purchased it.

Skeeter is also going to have to figure something out to allow a non yammie 350 option at some point, should have been done with the 2200. The Rangers/Yarcrafts/Nitros with 350 are taking over in my neck of the woods.

blackbay
    mn

Not knocking the boat at all, but at about 20 feet a center console saltwater boat starts to make more sense. Especially when talking about the ride in rough water.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Not knocking the boat at all, but at about 20 feet a center console saltwater boat starts to make more sense. Especially when talking about the ride in rough water.

Just compare the price too.

Owning a cc myself I will say there are drawbacks. First and foremost is the All so coveted storage. They generally don’t have all that gadget storage.

My favorite benefit over a dc or sc boat? Standing is so much more comfortable in heavy seas. Your knees are the best, and the cheapest, shock absorbers on the market.

Scott Gergen
    Hastings, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Scott Gergen wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Aaron Mills wrote:</div>

Scott

I don’t get on here enough… Didn’t see this until now, and there’s already a thread with pics of the 2200, but I’ll give you my thoughts on running the boat… in my opinion it feels snappier than the 2190, and I believe it’s more responsive all around. I guess you could say it feels a little more sporty than the 2190? With three of us in the boat I hit 57.4 but I don’t remember what the tach was at. I like the aluminum under all the doors, and the rod storage seems like it will work a lot better. Getting rid of the PVC tubes helps me a lot as I’m the guy that has to work on these, and installing bow rails with the PVC in the way was a pain. The overall size of the cockpit, and bow is awesome. I hear all the ranger guys bragging about the room in their boats all the time, and I believe this boat is a game changer. The bench seat is laughed at by a few folks but what does ranger offer for extra seating? I ask because all I ever see is two seats in theirs? Hope this is helpful info?

Yep – helpful! Did they change the hull?

Scott

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

That’s like polishing a turd to try to make it something it won’t ever be. Like calling a mini van a front wheel drive pick up with a topper….

Funniest thing I’ve read in awhile. Kudos Mark!

captddh
    Cannon Falls, MN

I really wonder how a manufacturer gets and uses input. I hope the pros and dealers have a big say but I wonder how much. Any customer surveys?? From these posts, it sounds like the changes are a bit anemic making the 2200 an updated and tweaked 2190. I thought Ed on an earlier post had several good ideas that could have really make this boat a a big water flagship in the industry. All the technology Ed refers to is readily available in ocean equipment. Bow flare and a deeper vee would be especially welcome. Lake of the Woods really spanked my butt a few weeks ago in my 2190 on a Sunday evening (not that I was alone, it was really nasty). I don’t see enough changes to trade my 2190 at this time. Sorry Skeeter.

Aaron Mills

@sgergen I believe the WX2200 is an all new design. As far as I know it is a stretched 2060. Something like 7” in the bow and 11” in the cockpit?

For those of you wondering about the removal of the jump seats and the concern with getting the opinion of the owners… A lot of the guys around here can’t stand the jump seats. I know of a 2018 triton owner, a 2018 ranger owner, and a 2018 WX2060 owner that the lack of storage was a deal breaker for buying a Skeeter. Fortunately Skeeter ditched the jump seats on the new (2018+) 2060 and the skeeter owner I mentioned decided it would meet his needs. I don’t remember for sure which customer it is but either the guy with a 2017 2060 or the one with a solera asked about ditching the jump seats in favor of more storage. It might have been the guy that bought the triton? I can’t remember… I think it’s one of those things where you can’t please everyone. I like the jump seats better than the cushion, but I think it’s a worthy sacrifice for the extra storage.

grizzly
    nebraska

I really wonder how a manufacturer gets and uses input. I hope the pros and dealers have a big say but I wonder how much. Any customer surveys?? From these posts, it sounds like the changes are a bit anemic making the 2200 an updated and tweaked 2190. I thought Ed on an earlier post had several good ideas that could have really make this boat a a big water flagship in the industry. All the technology Ed refers to is readily available in ocean equipment. Bow flare and a deeper vee would be especially welcome. Lake of the Woods really spanked my butt a few weeks ago in my 2190 on a Sunday evening (not that I was alone, it was really nasty). I don’t see enough changes to trade my 2190 at this time. Sorry Skeeter.

LOTW can spank anyones butt with the right wind

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Guys, while opinions may vary and will, it might be more realistic to draw your conclusions after you see and drive the boat ?

Look for test drive opportunities very soon !

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.