2019 Upgrades

• KPE
    River Falls, WI

Since I’m sitting here frustrated with this weather and not ice fishing (at this very moment anyway) I’m wondering if anyone has good suggestions for summer 2019 upgrades to my impact 1775.

My current “to-do” list if you will is as follows:
    1) Drotto Latch- can anyone comment how well it functions in strong river current conditions?
    2) Looking into side curtains for the sport top, although this one is debateable since I rarely used the top at all in the first place. I’m thinking it may be nice for when it’s real crummy out during walleye opener
    3) I’ve considered changing my anchor rigging to satisfy my needs on the river. Does anyone have recommendations for a good anchor system to keep ropes untangled? Not really looking for anything motorized though

Also as a tip, if you can find someone to wrap your boat (above the waterline) in 3M pro series paint protection film I would recommend it. Lots of work but boy does it look damn good! It is holding up just fine in outdoor storage as well, which i know I shouldn’t be concerned about since it goes on cars here in MN, but I was for whatever reason.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Get those little clips that slide into your sport track to hold your bumpers. No more tying them on, expensive little buggers but well worth it.

Where did you get your 3M film done at? Is it the clear or did you wrap the boat?

KPE
    River Falls, WI

The clear PRO series. I did it with the help of my father in law who installs it for a living. It’s pricey for the film but worth it. Full disclosure- I work for the company that makes it, so not trying to advertise here in my personal time. Any PPF from any company I think is worth the protection if you are like me and want an extra layer of protection against the scuffs and dings! I’ve heard great stuff about Suntek as well. Actually I hear 3M PRO and Suntek are far and above the best as far as ease of application and appearance.

Also- I looked into those bumper clips. What I ended up doing was having my dealer install the an extra cleat on port and starboard where I think the cleats SHOULD have been placed by lund. Now I’m happy with my bumpers and where they are.

Thanks for joining the discussion, this board is super slow in the winter it seems

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

If you find yourself with to much money and these fit, they are the bomb!!

Pilots seats. toast

Attachments:
    1. DSC05613.jpg

KPE
    River Falls, WI

If you find yourself with to much money and these fit, they are the bomb!!

Pilots seats. toast

I really do think I’ll grab one for the driver seat. everyone else can live with the pro rides )

Gonna have to save up though lol. Glad t hear they’re good, i was hoping they would be

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.