2 Row Corn Planter

• JEREMY
    BP

I have an old 2 row international planter I use for planting my sweetcorn. Guessing mid 50’s ish. Anyone have a clue how to adjust the depth. It plants like 3-4 inches deep in tilled ground.

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

Post some pictures of the planter units and somebody might figure it out. Is it pulled by drawbar or one of the fasthitch models?

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

You might be more successful on the “crop talk” section of antique tractors.com. Pictures and/or model numbers will help.

JEREMY
    BP

Pulled by a draw bar. I will have all year to figure it out now cause corns going in tonite if i can get home from work before the rain comes.

klang

Possibly the gauge wheel on each row has an adjustment?

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

The packer wheel is where you adjust depth depending on the ground you are planting depends on how deep to set the planter. If heavy clay you want barely an inch deep if on sandy ground 3 inches-4 inches is where you want to be. Lighter ground does not hold moisture like heavy soils is the reason you want seed deeper, clay shallower is if it dries out it will crust and the seedlings cannot push thru.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.